Monday, September 12, 2011

What do you do in the fall when all the leaves turn orange?

Yesterday on September 11th Mom and I decided to take a little road trip. We drove 30 miles out of town to take cookies to some members of our church. They kind of live in the middle of no where but it sure was a fun adventure! There are like no road signs and lots of different houses so it was a bit tricky but we accomplished our goal.

On our way back to the highway I saw this HUGE black thing crawling on the road. My first instinct was to run the thing over and then I realized what it was and that I have never seen one in the wild!

Want to know what it was?



Are you sure????



It's kind of creepy if you ask me......









YEP! A tarantula!
This was taken with my moms cell phone. And NO it doesn't have a zoom so yes I was THIS CLOSE! Hinks kept screaming MOM you are going to get KILLED! It was kind of funny...
We drove past the spider first and then Hinckley said he didn't get to see it. So we turned around and drove by it again. Then I realized I wanted a picture to document the fact I saw one in the wild. So we turned around again. I couldn't find my phone so we I used my moms cell camera. The photo gallery was full so I had to figure out how to erase some pictures so I could take some. I finally figured it out and I took 2 pictures... Jumped back in the car and I had a bit of the heeby jeebies. So we start driving away I look down at the photo gallery and see I forgot to hit SAVE! So we turned around AGAIN and this time I had to search a bit for this little guy. I found him. Took 2 pictures and YES I had nightmares last night about it.

Hinckley asked me if he could have a TV in his room. Yes we are one of those weird families that does not have TV in our house. I think its a waste of time. When we moved into my parents house Hinckley called the TV shows movies and had no clue what a remote was. I like that. I don't want my kids addicted to TV.

So we compromised.... We made a pretend TV that is so much fun to play and to make up our own movies. Hinks came up with the design... And yes we use chalk and can erase it and make a new movie.

Look at my project mom
hinks doing his TV show about the firefighters
Look who is behind the TV!

No comments: