I was in panic mode. I frantically tried to call my dad... NO LUCK. Tried calling my mom... NO LUCK.
I finally got a hold of my mom before I headed into work and was so glad to know she was okay but still didn't hear from my dad.
At work I looked at these sweet little kids (I worked at a day care) and wondered if some of their parents had been killed in the Pentagon. Many of our parents worked in DC.
The days that followed were powerful. Every flag in St. Mary's County was flying. Every patriotic shirt or patriotic ANYTHING was sold out and displayed for the world to see.
I held hands with some strangers at a church I had never been too. I lit a candle for those who lives were lost and families still searching. I wore a UNITED WE STAND shirt often. God Bless America would come on the radio and I would cry. Sometimes I miss those days of patriotism. A few months after 9/11 my parents and I drove into DC to see the Pentagon. I need to find those pictures we took. It was so emotional and overwhelming.
10 years ago I would have never guessed I would be married to soldier who would just be finishing a 13 month deployment to Iraq. I would never guess we would STILL be there.
God bless our leaders of this Nation. God bless our military members who serve our Country. God bless those who lost their life and their families.
Where were you when you heard the events of 9/11?
No comments:
Post a Comment