Saturday, September 10, 2011

NEW POLLS UP!

I have 2 polls for you up now. YAHOO! It's a double whammy week.

Troys original return day is scheduled for Wednesday. I will be absolutely SHOCKED if he arrives home by then. In fact I would put all the money in my bank account (which isn't much) that he will NOT be home this week. I am not being pessimistic I am just being realistic.

Troy went to a shoulder specialist on Friday. He was great and he ordered an MRI and XRAY and an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. We hit one HUGE PROBLEM. Troys shoulders are too big to fit into the MRI machine on base. They have to get both in for it and he is just so dang broad shouldered. So he has to wait for an appointment for a civilian MRI. This could take days, weeks or even months. YES I SAID MONTHS. I guess there they don't take into consideration the fact that somebody has been away from their family for 13 months and would really like to get home to their family. AH BLASTED MRI machine and BLASTED broad shoulders!

So I am hoping for an intervention. I need my husband home. My boys need their daddy home and we need to move on with our life after deployment. I am fasting tomorrow for my family. I am going to be praying mightily the next few days that things will work out the way they need to be but HOPEFULLY that means Troy is home soon.

I appreciate all the support we have received the last 13 months. We have been truly blessed! I was reminded of that today when a dear friend dropped off amazing cookies and a sweet note saying they were thinking of us. And I feel a bit guilty asking for prayers for my family. We aren't facing a difficult decision. We aren't facing death or cancer or illness. But I do need the strength to carry forward and accept the will of the Lord. And if that means Troy is gone for another 6 weeks or longer we will move forward and pray that we will be guided to a place to live and a job.

TRUST ME I am so THANKFUL he is on American soil and that he is safe. He has almost everything else checked off to come home we just need an opening for an MRI at Washington State. I will keep our blog up to date on that!

2 comments:

Bryant and April said...

I SO wish we were still in Spokane right now. Then you guys could totally road trip it up to WA and stay with us, and see Troy. But, we'll definitely keep the MRI situation in our prayers that he gets in soon, and comes home soon!

The Lawrences said...

I hope they speed up the process and get him home very very soon!!