Friday, September 9, 2011

Oh hello Hinckley Joe

The other day Hinckley came home and told me he was smoking at school. I WAS SHOCKED! Like sat him down and gave him a big hug and said, "Hinckley why were you smoking at school?" He then replied, "Mom, I WAS HOT!" *sigh of relief*

Tonight he had a melt down. Like a melt down he has never had before. We were driving home from our friends house and he asked me to put a song his daddy sings. So I put it on and by the time we made it home he was sobbing. (this is normal) So we get out of the van we hug and talk and call daddy. Then he got in the bath tub and before I knew it he was sobbing again... And this is what came out of his mouth,

"Daddy asked me to put a smile on my face everyday and help my mommy and be brave and I have and he said he would come home soon and he is NEVER coming home even though I did everything he asked me to do."

My heart sank. How do you explain to a 5 year old that his daddy is coming home soon but we don't know really how soon. And when he looks at me with tears in his eyes and pleads for his daddy to come home? AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight I hate deployment. Tonight I hate war. Tonight I want nothing more than my husband home. Tonight all my boys needed was daddy.

Hinckley had his school pictures today. I decided I would let him pick out any shirt he wanted to wear for it. So of course it was a star wars shirt!
The other morning Hinckley told me he had a dream about GG. I was very taken back because we haven't talked about GG lately. We don't have a lot of pictures of GG around so it really sparked my interest. He told me that in the dream there were a lot of people there mostly family and that GG was really HAPPY. And she wanted to make sure that we were all HAPPY. Isn't that interesting? Hinckley was just over 2 when she passed away. GG had a special gift to make everybody in the family feel like #1 and I guess she is still doing it even though she is in heaven.

This was the first time GG met Hinckley. Hinks was about 8 months old
She brought him a balloon
This was Thanksgiving 2007
SHE LOVED that he would sit on her lap...
He sat there a long time
This is Grandma and Grandpas grave and hinckley
I have more pictures of them together but since I am missing half my pictures on my computer I can't get them.

*****Do you have box tops at home on your boxes like this?*****
Cut them out and send them to me for Hinckleys school! They use them to for new books and stuff in the library! If you are interested in sending them to me I will even send you the money for postage to send it to me!

So far in the month we have been in school I think we have cut off about $5 worth of box tops which that is pretty good considering each one is only worth $.10

1 comment:

Harding Family said...

That story about Hinckley thinking his daddy isn't coming home is so sad! I hope Troy can come home ASAP! He has been gone way too long!