I do not believe she was trying to be malicious or to hurt feelings but after I sat there for a second I felt anger and hurt. My feelings on the matter are so RAW, so FRESH right on the surface. How could somebody not appreciate the fact that somebody would leave their family for 13 months and drive into the RED ZONE almost everyday knowing that their life could end at any given moment? How come people don't remember 9-11? I have come to understand over the years that 9-11 didn't have an impact on people like it did on me. That single day in history has FOREVER changed me. I know that politics play a big role in why we are still there. I don't necessarily agree with the fact that we are still over there, almost 10 years later but I do know I will stand behind EVERY MAN AND WOMAN who puts on that camouflaged uniform everyday whether they never enter a war zone or if they have lost their life all to protect MY freedoms.
I sent her a response and my mind was so scattered and I didn't know how to put my feelings into writing. How do you share with somebody so dear to your heart and something you have experienced FIRST HAND and have them understand or realize what you are trying to say even though they have never had feelings like that?
I found this video of President Hinckley who talked to the members of our Church right after 9/11. You can watch it below. I LOVE IT! Even if you are not a member of our Church it is a great reminder of 9-11.
WE HAD TO STAND UP AGAINST THE EVIL THAT ATTACKED US ON THAT DAY!
There is a point in the video when he gets very emotional. It is my FAVORITE PART OF THE WHOLE THING. It is at about 4:15 minutes into it.
I don't hold any hurt or angry feelings towards this person who emailed me wanting understanding. I appreciate her having the courage to ask but I feel like I could never truly and honestly express my feelings in a matter that would be understanding. In fact I think she reads this blog and I in no way want her to feel bad for emailing me I just wish I had a better answer for her.
NO ONE KNOWS HOW LONG IT WILL LAST
NO ONE KNOWS PRECIOUSLY WHERE IT WILL BE FAUGHT
NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT MAY ENTAIL UNTIL IT IS OVER
God BLESS THE LEADERS OF OUR NATION. God bless those who are willing to serve in our armed forces and others around the world who have battled with us. God bless those who are mourning those who lost their lives on September 11th, 2001 and every day thereafter in the war against terrorism.
1 comment:
I was hoping that you had linked the video on your blog post :( Could you find that and share please?
Post a Comment