I forgot to mention an experience that happened while I was looking for a homeless person. SO if you haven't already read about my birthday and then come back to this post.
As I was driving around looking for a homeless person to give food to I had this distinct thought to stop, look and listen. About 30 seconds after that I came upon an accident right down town in the the middle of a busy intersection. It had just happened moments before I came up on it. The one car in the middle (probably a dodge neon or something similar) was smashed pretty good from the front and from the back. I could see people standing on the sidewalk and under the highway bridge. People were on the phone so I assumed medical personal were on their way. There was a male sitting on the side of the road covering his eye and rocking back and forth. And people were carrying 2 children (probably 8 and 10) out of the smashed car. I wanted to park my car right in the middle of the busy intersection and help. I mean what a highlight it would have been to help save somebody and comfort them during a really scary experience. I knew I couldn't just leave my mini-van in the middle of the road and there was no place I could pull off and help. And really what was I going to to? I have CPR training and first aid and I think I could be of good use to help hold a hand or 2 but I was not in a position to do so.
As I drove around the intersection I realized the one thing I could do for this situation was pray. I think sometimes we expect to be apart of some miracle and to be the hero of the day but in reality sometimes all people need is a prayer. It was a very sweet experience for me and a perfect reminder of Who is in charge.
No comments:
Post a Comment