Sunday, September 4, 2011

OFFICIAL WORD


I can now officially say my husband is back in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

Here is his first picture of him arriving in Maine. You can see the back of his head he just shook the guys hand with the black shirt on!

I was actually talking to Troy on the phone when they took this picture. Look how happy these boys look! I LOVE IT!
I really feel like a weight has been lifted off my head and shoulders. I wonder if I have been walking around frowning or with this concerned look on my face the last 13 months because I feel AMAZING! I can not describe the feeling but truly feels like a huge weight has been lifted off and I have gained 10 years back on my life!

He will be there in Fort Lewis for about a week or 2. I can't believe we are SO CLOSE to him being home.

BY the way you should totally check out the pictures at this website. It brought tears to my eyes mostly because we know so many of these men and women who are "COMING HOME!" So emotional and I LOVE IT!

MAINE WELCOME HOME

If you click on the link above it will take you to the pictures of his unit who went through Maine today! 1.2 million soldiers they have welcomed home since May 2003, WOW THATS IMPRESSIVE!

2 comments:

Kathy and Don Carter said...

I looked at every picture. Our American soldiers are so impressive. I just so proud of both of you!!

Bryant and April said...

Yay! I'm so glad this whole ordeal is almost over for all of you! Keep us posted PLEASE!