Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to school, Back to school. Back to school to prove to dad I'm not a fool

Hinckleys school had back to school night tonight. I fell in LOVE with his school. It really is up to date and nice and new and beautiful! It has really nice courtyards and I love the layout. The music, art, library, gym, and computer rooms are very impressive. I was even more impressed that all of his teachers (music, art, library, gym and computers) knew his name. When I responded with a "is that I a good thing you know his name or a bad thing?" And they all responded, GOOD. He is a great helper and so kind and with a name like Hinckley you dont forget it. The teacher aide in his classroom pulled me aside today and told me how smart Hinckley was and how impressed he was with his ability to take an assignment and do what he is asked. My momma badge was extra shiny after he told me that!

My only complaint? His teacher. I know its weird and really I shouldn't have such a problem with her but I just wish she was more warm fuzzy. I think about my mother in law who was a FANTASTIC teacher and loved on those kids as if they were her own and I wish so bad she had even an ounce of sweetness to her. But she is standoffish and almost grumpy. She is very well educated and I love the way she runs her class but I am just not impressed with her personal skills. The only thing she has talked to me about was the fact that she relies on Hinckley A LOT for help. And that he helps a lot with the other kids in class especially Carlos T. Carlos T has down syndrome but he is the cutest kid! And majority of the time Hinckley is put with him to play and stuff because he is so kind to him.

Anyway, I am grateful that I don't have to pull him off me kicking and screaming and I dont think his teacher is mean just not super friendly or happy.

*VENT*
And one other vent real fast, sometimes it gets very frustrating that Hinckley is always put with the bad kids to be an example to others. It has happened a lot in karate and I HATE sitting there watching these kids go crazy and there my Hinckley is standing at attention like he is suppose to. His karate instructor is really good about praising Hinks a lot so the other kids see that but it does get frustrating. They do that a lot in church too and I was IRRATE because twice Hinckley came home and told me this certain child hit him in the face and another time tried to strangle him. I told his teachers he is NO longer allowed to sit by this child. I mean how long can a child be good until he is surrounded by so much bad he starts acting like them? PS I totally love that he takes care and watches out for Carlos T. its the other bad kids I worry about

*VENT OVER*


Hinks at his chair. I love that bean name thing! That is his teacher in the white and black behind him.
This is outside his classroom. LOVE IT!
This is in his music room, he was dancing
Outside at his special playground
This was his favorite thing to play with well.... for the day
I talked with the school counselor who I was very impressed with too about Hinckleys daddy coming home and the changes that could bring. She seems to be on board to be aware of the situation which makes me happy!

1 comment:

LaNelle said...

So just a thought: his teacher may just not a great people person around adults. I know that sounds way weird, but there are some teachers at my school that are awesome with the kids & just awkward with the parents. So maybe that could be a little bit of the case with his teacher. :)

And don't get me started on how much I agree with you about not always putting the good kids with the bad ones...grrr! Drives me nuts when teachers constantly do that!