Thursday, August 25, 2011

A few of our favorite things

YES! These 2 guys are my favorite things
YES these two are my favorite things!!!!!!!!
Our countdown chain. We may have to add another chain.. BLASTED ARMY! They keep changing dates, pushing it back. URGH. OH WELL. The chain on the bottom is our Sundays we have left... Might be 1 less but who knows! The chain above is our days left... YES we are talking days not months anymore!!!!!







So I finally decided to open Troys foot lockers. We have 3 them.... I kept thinking I would find one of these in a box....


(PICTURE STOLEN FROM GOOGLE)

By the way these camel spiders can be found in...... NEW MEXICO!!!!!! SICK....


1 of 5 combination locks I had to pick... I mean figure out the combos
The list of combos it possibly could be.
Then I saw the combo on the back. SILLY TROY, YOU FORGOT TO TAKE IT OFF!
His work gloves...
Can you read this note from a little girl here in NM? OH man touched my heart.
These letters and cards brought me to tears. In fact this picture shows only some from friends and doesn't include a lot more and all the family letters and notes. THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO SENT HIM PACKAGES AND LETTERS! They completely touched my heart
Don't ask me why he had 4 pairs of sunglasses in there...
All the flags and prayer rugs and a rosary? If I remember right the guy who sold Troy these rugs knew Troy was a religious man and so he gave him the rosary for free. And it has some special wood and stuff... I need to find more information on that
Chandlers prayer rug
I LOVE THIS FLAG! I love, LOVE, LOVE the 116ths motto DONT TREAD ON ME. LOVE IT! And I love how the snake represents the Snake River...
Hinckleys prayer rug
This hat is one of my favorite things
The knitted had on the left I believe is from a lady who knitted ALL the soldiers a hat before they left. I am excited to wear it this winter. The little flag is for the guys to put in their pocket on missions so they have a piece of America with them. Also given to Troy.
Troys medal from his championship football game
This race Troy beat his commander... SO PROUD OF YOU ON THIS RUCKIN FUN march. Funny how those two words together look bad... PS If you dont know what a ruck march or ruck run is you should google it.
He sent a whole bunch of teeshirts home. Like 2 or 3 of each. Hard Rock Cafe Baghdad?! LOL Oh and did you know there is a Harley Davidson in Baghdad too? No there is NO Hard Rock Cafe there or a Harley Davidson
I like this motto... NEVER GIVE UP!
AND I FOUND NO CRAZY CAMEL SPIDERS THANK GOODNESS!

PS Good thing our new house has 4 bedrooms because one of them will be dedicated just to IRAQ and ARMY stuff...

1 comment:

Kathy and Don Carter said...

Interesting stuff. So glad you shared it.