Saturday, August 6, 2011

I'm BACK!

Okay so I apologize for my lack of blogging and my lack of being interested in the cyber world. Over a week ago we went to our Shumway Reunion in Westcliffe, CO. Once we were there we had no internet or cell phone service. It was actually really nice hence my lack of texting, emailing, calling, blogging, facebooking, etc. Life is so much more simple and enjoyable when you dont have a constant phone at your hip. Only down side was not being able to talk to Troy. I did drive down to cell phone range about 8 times trying to get a hold of him but his internet was down.

Speaking of Troy can you believe we are only about 7 weeks away from being reunited as a family? I am routing for 6 weeks and maybe even 5 but it will more then likely be 7. WHICH IS SUPER EXCITING. Its so surreal to think about it. He is at a new base that I hate and he hates. I hate even more what some of the guys are having to do over there for the next few weeks. If we loose one of our guys 6 weeks to coming home I will beyond outraged. I am incredibly thankful he is on watch towers right now but some of our dearest friends will be in some intense danger the next few weeks. Please keep them in your prayers.

Speaking of danger. Can you believe the news of 30 Americans killed in Afghanistan? I can not even talk about it right now because I have such mixed emotions.

No comments: