Man I had a busy weekend. On Saturday we had a service project with the youth at the temple. We had 90 people there! WHOAH! It was pretty awesome! Sunday morning I was up at 4:30am to get to the ABQ airport for my 6am flight. Everything went smooth to Salt Lake. I had about a 90 minute layover there. I would have LOVED to slip away to see some friends but with airport security the way it is that wasn't gonna happen. Well we wet through the doors to board the plane and low and behold we had NO co-pilot! So back to the terminal we went. Finally about 45 minutes later a new one shows up. I did start to panic that I would miss my meeting! But I made it just in time in fact I had about 45 minutes to run down to Shelley and see my grandparents grave. I literally spent 20 hours there and 10 of them were sleep and meetings! 5 of those hours were the meeting.
My meeting was fantastic. I am SO GLAD I had the opportunity to go. I wouldn't have traded it for anything. I loved being with the other spouses and family members. I felt at peace and loved. Plus I got some more info on time frame. And I must say he will be home sooner than later!!!!! AHHHH! SO EXCITED. No, still no dates just so I make that clear.
The sweet banner the kids made during our meeting!

Visiting Grandpa and Grandma Cox

My friends little girls who tried to to stay up as long as they could while we chatted the night away

Shepherds hook always reminds me of my Grandma... I should tell you the story of the one time we took Grandma to see the cemetery and I had to jump the fence to get the shepherd hook that somebody tossed. We didn't realize it was covered with spiders and I carried it all the way home in the car and guess who had spiders all over them?! ME! Grandma laughed so hard I think she peed her pants. MISS YOU GRANDMA AND GRANDPA!
The back of the head stone and me
View from the cemetery to Grandpa and Grandmas homestead
The guy who bought the homestead built this house on Shumway park... Sad day
Shumway house and my favorite tree in the WHOLE world
I also got to visit with my dear friend Ashlee. She has waited 6 years to become a momma and now its finally her turn! I was so excited to see her and her cute prego belly! I also visited with my old boyfriends mom. I know sounds weird... Really I know it sounds awkward buts its not and I needed to go see her, we had a very close relationship (me and the momma) well actually Jono and I did too but my life would have been SO different if we would have followed through with the wedding. SO GLAD FOR unanswered prayers (thank you Garth Brooks). She lost her husband who I also adored in March. We had an excellent talk for about an hour and she just cried and I cried and it was MUCH needed for both of us. Then I visited for about 3.5 hours with another friend.
I thought that when I flew in I would miss Idaho. I would miss our house. I would miss people. And it was so nice that I didn't. If anything it made me realize how thankful I am that I am NOT there any more. I love Idaho in the summer. I love some people in Idaho. I have great memories but I am so glad we no longer live there.
We will be back in Idaho the first weekend of Nov and in Park City the first weekend of Dec. I love to visit but glad that its just a visit!
1 comment:
Park city?!? Really?!? I don't care WHAT kind of family vacation you are on, I NEED to see your face! Even if only for 1 minute. For reals!!!
Post a Comment