So I have been thinking a lot about my poll over there to the right. It has brought a light bulb moment for me as I have pondered the question... ONE WISH, what would it be? My light bulb moment has been this which hold on to your seats because its revolutionary!
Ready?
Are you ready for my light bulb moment?
Are you sure you want to know?
Okay... Okay....
Everybody is going through struggles. Everybody wishes they could change something about their life. EVERYBODY has their own "deployment".
Or in other words... Bethany STOP complaining. Be thankful for what you have. Realize that you are blessed. And realize YOU aren't the only one hurting.
Okay I know its not rocket science... It was just something I needed to realize.
I got to this point during the weekend when I just wanted to SHUT everybody out in my life. And the reason for doing so was because NOBODY, NOBODY understands what I have gone through in this deployment. Even those who have been through a deployment or who are currently going through a deployment it is different for every individual.
I really DISLIKE a lot when people say, "I know what you are going through." And its not just even this deployment but other things like my miscarriages, my family, raising my kids, etc. Just dont say that to people okay? Even if you think you have been through something worse or similar...
Back to case in point...
I know some of you are struggling. Some are struggling with things I can NOT even imagine or comprehend trying to go through. I know people are going through trials and hardships that to some people may seem like no trial at all.
So now that I have a piece of humble pie I hope I can be more sensitive to others around me. Instead of complaining I want to replace it with love and concern for others.
If you are one who is struggling, I want you to know that you are on my mind. I am praying for you. Since I had my revelation that everybody is going through something a few of you have popped in my mind. I am sorry I haven't been a better friend. I am determined to be a better friend.
Just a little reminder...
-Elder L. Lionel Kendrick
4 comments:
I totally agree! Sometimes when I am having a particularly hard time I will look at people at the grocery store and wonder why me! But in all reality we have no idea what is going on in their lives. Everyone has their struggles and if we lose ourselves in helping others through their struggles maybe ours won't seem so hard! But everyone needs a small pity party once in a while!
Love that! My struggle and one thing I want is a natural for real birth! ;) And it totally means the world to me and it would greatly affect my family if I don't get it (not just because I would be upset, but because you can only be cut open so many times...) People think I'm crazy or whatever, but it is my thing. And thankfully I have 2 really great friends here who "understand" or support me fully. I can't wait for you to have Troy back because honestly, I just can't even imagine. Loved the post! Thanks! :)
Thank you! While we are all going through this same deployment, each of our struggles and even joys are different. Sure, I think you understand a little better than somebody else, but I dont think any of us fully understand because we are each in our life (does that make sense?)
Hang in there-we're just about done :-)
You are such a constant example to me! Often times in the last year when I have wanted to have a huge pity party over my life I have run to my husband for a hug or comfort & then thought about you & how you can't do that & it has humbled me. I'm grateful for friends who can help us remember that we each have struggles and even though we might not fully understand each other's struggles, we do all understand what it means to struggle and are not alone! I really needed the reminder this post gave me today.
I love ya girl! You are amazing & such a blessing in my life!
Post a Comment