Thursday, February 3, 2011

Can't let go part 1


Our trip to Vegas was just what the doctor ordered. So much so that I don't want to reminisce about it because that just means its officially over! Plus I didn't get like a ton of pictures like I planned I guess we were just enjoying it so much I forgot my camera!

Wednesday Jan. 19th: Well Chandler woke up with a fever and was miserable on the flight. When we got on the flight and the pilot came on intercom and said he would like to welcome a very special hero on board today. "We would like to welcome a very special little hero on our Southwest flight today. His name is Hinckley Carter and his daddy is serving in Iraq to protect our freedom. So if you pass by this little guy make sure you give him a high five and a thank you for being so brave." Umm... Can we say tears?! Yes.... Yes tears of shock and love overfilled my heart. Hinckley was SO EXCITED! He kept saying the pilot said my name! The pilot said my name! What a great way to start our trip!

So we arrived all in one piece barely but we did it! Chandler's temp was at 104.4 by the time we got settled at the Carters new house so we decided we needed to get him to the doctor. Kristin called around to the local urgent cares and none of them accepted our military insurance. So off to the ER we went. We actually got in fast and out fast. Thank goodness it looked like a virus and that was it! I think it actually might have been his 2 top molars even though Hinckley never spiked a fever that high when teething.

Travis and Jenny (troys brother and his wife) came over for dinner and we enjoyed our time playing games.

Chandler jumped in the bath with his brother.... He still had his clothes on!



2 comments:

Mark & Rachel said...

Poor Chandler! Hope he is doing better. I sometimes wish I could go to an urgent care place, but Im glad it was fast for you at the ER.
And how cool is that the pilot said that?!?! I got goose bumps.

Kathy and Don Carter said...

These two little boys and their mom are my treasures. We made some sweet memories. Hinckley is a very sweet boy - very considerate and kind. Chandler is a cuddle bun and very loving. It was heaven to be with them. I love the friendship of my darling daughter-in-law, Bethany. We are counting the days until we are together again!!