Figuratively... Well, in our Church we do a lot of volunteering. We are asked by our Bishop to do certain things or be over certain groups. Troy and I have done cub scouting. I lead the music in church for a while. We have taught nursery ages 18 months to 3 years old. And various other callings as we call them like teaching the old ladies to being over the men who are middle aged. This past week the Bishop asked me to be a 2nd counselor in the Young Women's organization. This is for the ages 12-18. I am specifically over the 12 and 13 year olds. I HAVE BEEN SCARED OUT OF MY MIND. TEENAGERS SCARE ME! But I am already in love with these sweet girls! Hence while I will refer them to "my girls" from now on. They are really excited to have me there and I am getting more excited too. I will be busy. Like super busy. We have a lot of meetings usually 2 a week. We have activities once a week on top of our Sunday meetings. We have lots of things to prepare for like girls camp, trek, new beginnings, personal progress, baptisms... LOTS of things to plan and put together. I have faith that Heavenly Father knows my needs. I know he knows the specific need I have to be close to my children right now. He knows that my parents are both very busy and active in their callings. My mom is 2nd counselor in the primary a group ages 3-12. And my dad is 2nd counselor in the old mens society or what we call high priest group. See a pattern here?
So if I have periods of no writings or just pictures or such that is why. I am still hoping to stick with blogging. I find it as therapy of some sort. Plus it is a way for Troy to stay up to date on us.
SO YOU ALL HAVE A FANTASTIC 2 WEEKS! Go out and join a book club, pick up that dusty old Bible, go swimming, call an old friend, write a solider, watch a classic movie, go to lunch with some friends. Hug your loved ones and I will see you all in 2 weeks!
2 comments:
I am the Beehive Advisor and was just called as the Camp Director. I have to put camp together sometime in July and then move back to Rexburg (possiblly!) I have a lot going on, but I feel it is a blessing to keep me busy and to focus my energy on something/one. I love my beehives!
Good luck on your race/knee!!!
You will be great! I was thinking the other day about when we lived in Tuscany and you taught Relief Society. I always loved your lessons! I'm excited for you and super excited for the girls that you will be over because they are so lucky to have you! Have fun in Vegas...you will be SO close to me! I miss you my friend!
Post a Comment