Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sundays=hardest day of the week

I think I have shared before that I really struggle on Sundays. I always thought it was because when I go to church I see all these couples and families together and I wished for my husband to be sitting next to me rubbing my back or cuddling in the creak of his neck while we listen to some lady telling us a sob story at testimony meeting. I realized soon that yes that was part of my struggle on Sunday but more it was I needed my right hand man to take turns walking the halls with the cranky one year old. Soon after that I realized that my kids usually go BONKERS on Sunday afternoon... It's because they have to sit for nearly 3 hours and be quiet so when they get home all heck breaks loose. But it took me almost 6 months to really realize the REAL reason I struggle on Sundays....

In our 5.5 years of marriage Troy has always been in school and working. Sundays were our only family day I knew we had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO except go to church and be a family. Yes occasionally we would go to friends houses or have people over but it was our special family time. I knew my husband would be home that day (unless he had drill and even at that he would be home on Sunday nights). With those long days of school and work I longed for our Sunday afternoon naps and dance parties. I longed for that reconnection with my best friend. And now I am lucky to have a conversation with him longer than 15 minutes. Actually Sundays are usually the best time to talk with him like today we got to talk for almost 2 hours!

So question for you... What days of the week are hardest for you? and why? Am I the only one who dreads a certain day of the week?

4 comments:

Mark & Rachel said...

Sundays are the hardest but also the easiest. My ward has been amazing! I walk into church and I have people talking with me, playing with David, taking David, etc. But I also miss those lazy Sunday afternoons.

Kathy and Don Carter said...

Well, Sundays are the hardest day for me, believe it or not. I battle feels is great inadequacy and inferiority and I fear that if I say anything I will be judged as a simpleton. I don't know why I do this. Kristin says it is how Satan can get me off track. I am working to care more about what the Lord thinks of me than what others do.
Your experience now will give you heart for others who really are without a spouse, whether it be a single person or one whose spouse refuses to come to church or who is not a member. They struggle similarly to what you are now feeling.

The Ainas said...

Sundays are our only days too... Tony works 6 days a week and goes to schol monday nights and has YM wednesday nights... Sunday is our day...

Cierra said...

When does Troy get back? I remember when Chris was working like 80 hours pluss in California and I felt alone all the time. I felt like someone was paying me to be a single mom, and I was going crazy. The only sanity I had was knowing it wasn't going to last forever. But, that doesnt make it easier, at all. I can't wait for you to have your honey back! PS You are so beautiful!! That pic down there of you and Hinkley is so adorable, and you are gorgeous! I LOVE your hair!!!