Saturday, July 9, 2011

On Friday night I packed the boys up and we headed to the base in ABQ for movies under the stars. We got there 2 hours early so we had good seats. The boys LOVED IT! I mean it was the best night. Before we headed on base we had pizza at a local pizza place. I had such nostalgia there. Did you know nostalgia had a smell? No it wasn't the pizza. I was looking around at all the families and realized that would be us soon. I saw this one daddy sitting there with his 3 kids texting or playing a game on his phone. His kids were screaming for his attention by trying to poke his ear, hit his leg, pat his head. My heart just sunk. I was so close to walking over there and saying, "You have no idea what you are missing out on." I should have.

This is what Chandler did while we waited. Yes that is his swim suit. He LOVES wearing his swim suit. LOVES IT.
We had free cotton candy
Hinks looking in his play bag
WOOPS BONUS PIC! LOVE THIS LITTLE GUY!
Okay when I pulled this picture I wanted to throw up... Notice the lady in pink in the back ground? Sorry for the eye sore. She literally ate the WHOLE entire time. They got there the same time we did and she literally ate for 4 hours. I feel bad for her. It just gives me motivation to never let myself go like that!
Putting up the movie!
Eating a free snow cone. We had free popcorn, water and drinks too!
Both boys were exhausted. It took me an extra 30 minutes to come home because they close the main gate I go in so I had to find another way off base then we ended up in ghetto land at 10:45 at night and I had to find my way home. Thank goodness for GPS!

1 comment:

The Ainas said...

That looks like SO much fun! What even happened to drive in movies?!