
They welcomed home one of men killed in the attack over a week ago. Thanks to wonderful ladies on facebook they showed some pictures. I let my raw emotion take over and I just cried. Why am I struggling with this? I didn't know them, in fact I didn't even know their wives. But I guess in my head I think this could have been us. What if I was preparing to bury Troy? What if it was me trying to explain to my sweet little boys that Daddy was now in heaven? What if it was me knowing that I would have to go forward with out my best friend? I think part of me too knows that these men stories will never really be told.
So why am I posting about this again? Well, something happened today that infuriated me. Friday night is my date night with the boys. I took them to McDonalds (we found out they have star war toys in the happy meals) and I knew Hinckley would be in heaven. So we get our food and sit down in the play area and there is a couple there with their 2 kids and I thought good its not too busy. I get anxiety in these stupid play areas, really I do. Well, just as we were sitting down this father came in with five kids. He sits next to the couple sitting there and then his wife/girlfriend/whoever comes in with one other kid. None of the kids had shoes on, their clothes were all dirty, faces all dirty, they looked like punks wearing wife beaters and stuff. A worker comes in and she is passing out some free sample for a drink thats when I realized these people didn't have any food at their table and all they were doing was taking the free samples. I thought that was a bit odd but whatever.
The thing that TICKED ME OFF was the father who came in with the 5 kids only knew one word. It started with F and ended in K. Now I understand that I can't protect my kids all the time but when we are in a kid place and all you can say is the F bomb I had 2 choices... Tell him to shut his mouth DUH HELLO WE ARE IN A PUBLIC PLACE WITH KIDS or LEAVE. Considering he had gang related tattoos all over his face, arms, and body I decided to leave. I am not even kidding the only word out of this guys mouth was the F word. I couldn't believe it. I was mad he interrupted my date night with my kids. I was mad he couldn't keep his chaps from not flapping. I was mad that he was there and not my husband. Why is my husband over in Iraq fighting for your freedom to say explicit things in front of my kids? Not only did he have a foul mouth but the whole group had potty mouths and all they wanted to talk about was sex. I think we sat there for a total of 5 minutes and we couldn't get out of there faster.
So why does this guy get to come to my country and speak his dirty fifthly mouth at McDonalds while my husband is off to war? URGH!
Stupid people with stupid potty mouths....

3 comments:
Life is so not fair!! Our Heavenly Father gave us agency. Our country's Constitution protects our rights. WE have to choose. Some of us are slimebags and make terrible choices. It's just too sad when their choices interfere with us in such an ugly way. Count your blessings that you know what you know and that your children are not subject to this filth on a minute by minute basis. Those people are totally pitiful!! I'm so thankful for you, Bethany, for my sweet, darling grandsons, and pray that Troy will be back to help protect you here at home. Love you dearly!!
We are so thankful for your hubby and all the men and women who sacrifice so much. I don't think people realize how much of a sacrifice it really is for these men and for their families at home. I know I didn't fully understand until I lived it. Take my advice, avoid the Mcdonalds in Los Lunas like the plague! Everytime I have been there we have some kind of bad experience. We always go to the Mcdonalds in Bosque Farms. Its more of a drive but much cleaner and nicer!
And for many reasons besides this particular post - I love your guts!
I'm thankful for you and your family.
Post a Comment