Saturday, July 9, 2011

All gave some, some gave ALL

Most of you are my friends on facebook so many of your probably already know that we lost 2 soldiers from the Idaho National Guard this week. I have had so many mixed emotions. My first was a bit of shock. Yes shock. 2nd was unbelievable sadness. 3rd was anger. 4th devastation.

I did not know these 2 brave men who gave the ultimate sacrifice but something attaches you to their story. This group literally received when they would be coming home a few days prior to the accident and are weeks away from stepping on American soil.

Here is the story if you are interested in it.


When Troy left almost a year ago I felt in my heart he was going over there to fight a war I believed in. I no longer believe in this war. It didn't take this accident for me to come to this conclusion it has been months in the making and it is the icing on the cake for me. Please do not leave any comments bashing how I feel I will delete them. Our men and women are going over there with NO just cause. Iraq want us out. They (meaning the Iraqi's) treat our soldiers HORRIBLY. It is time to bring them home.

I hope you will join with me and pray for these families. There is a mother and father and brothers mourning over one. There is a wife, 8 month old (who was born on Veteran's Day of last year), and I am sure a mother and father, grandma, grandpa who are now taking on the task of planning life with out them.


1 comment:

Mark & Rachel said...

It was good to talk to you about this. Thanks for fasting with me. I cant even imagine what these families are going through right now. God be with them!!!!

On a more positive note, the house is looking good! How fun for you guys!