For about a month now I have been meaning to write something on my blog about "Jacob". He is a soldier serving in Iraq with Troy. He has NO family. NO friends. Nothing. He has zero support. He has really had a hard life and some sad things happen to him. One thing I LOVE about Troy is that people feel comfortable around him. We both have this affect on people when they feel so comfortable they spill the beans about their whole life. So Troy being the person he is has gotten to know him pretty well. So since he has nobody in his life who cares about him we have adopted him. We have sent a few letters and packages. So in turn I am asking you to adopt him too. I know money is tight for everybody. I know its kind of scary to put yourself out there but please if you have an extra 44 cents and 10 minutes send this kid a letter. Now don't go saying I heard you have no family and a hard life. Just tell him you wanted to write a soldier and got his name.
When we sent his first package Troy said that Jacob was so shocked when he saw it sitting on his bunk, he started to cry. Remember no emails, no letters, no packages, no phone calls.... NOTHING.
So think about what fun it would be to adopt a soldier!
PVT. JACOB SERGEANT
BRAVO BTTRY 1-148TH FA BN
FOB PROSPERITY, IRAQ
APO-AE 09348
Make sure you do it in ALL CAPS.
3 comments:
OH we are so totally on it! We will send him a fun Christmas goody box along with one we are sending to Troy as well! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to bring a tiny bit of joy to some of these wonderful soldiers!
You can count on me!
Also, B-where are you living right now? Can I get your address?
i'm all over it!!
Post a Comment