Tuesday, December 14, 2010

How's my running?

Well I have to tell you that I still LOVE running. I am finally running 3 miles a day. The last two days when I am running it feels like it takes me forever and I am pretty pooped by the end of it. But I have to stop thinking about how others can run faster, longer and more graceful and just focus on the fact that i am feeling better. I have lost 10 pounds which is exciting. I was hoping for quicker results but at least I am working on it. I went to the doctor a few weeks ago to get a health check. They did some blood tests and amazingly enough all my levels were within normal range. I just need to loose weight. That is promising!

I have been running in my parents neighborhood which I LOVE because there are only about 5 houses and there are a lot of open paved space. I've had a few run ins with a coyote, stray dogs, some questionable people and so I have decided it would be best for me to run on the main road most of the time. I do run with my cell phone and pepper spray. I am thinking about buying a gun holder to carry my gun while I run... We will see how it goes.

I took pictures the other day of my hills that I go up in the neighborhood. I love them! I use to name them people who I didn't like because I despised them. But now I find joy in running up them. I will really miss them if I completely decided to run the main road. BTW I totally knocked of 3.5 mins off my time on my Saturday run. I RAN MY GUTS OUT!

This hill is long.... it goes beyond the bend at the top. I go up it twice.
This is the shortest but steepest hill I go up. Its my favorite one.
This is the third hill I go up. Its near the prison.
Dog tracks? Coyote trakcs? Cougar? Bear? JUST KIDDING probably dog
This is where I ran into the coyote one day and a stray dog the next. I have also ran into a few questionable people at the end of this dead end. I will for sure NO longer be running down it. Today there was an old school ghetto looking car parked at the end and when he saw me he zoomed off and about 20 seconds later a police officer came zooming down the road looking for it.....
The prison I run by
Yahoo for the prison!

2 comments:

Bryant and April said...

Good Job keeping with your goal and working out! 10 pounds is AWESOME by the way! I am totally inspired by you. If we can ever get moved into this dang apartment, my next goal is to work on getting back into shape. I'll think of you to keep me motivated when I am working out and want to die!

Kathy and Don Carter said...

Well done!! I promised myself to get out a walk - running is out of the question - but walking is a great idea. Just being out and moving feels so great. Very proud of YOU!!