Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Announcing our BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

Well, I guess its time to finally share our news. I actually wasn't planning on saying anything until we had firmer information. However, with the given situation its time to start spreading the news.

When Troy came back from Iraq our original plan was to move to Yucca Valley, California (where he grew up) because he had some connections there for jobs. Well, thats out the window with the way the economy is in California and with a hiring freeze.

There is no way I could go back to Idaho. We both agree on that.

As we have discussed possible places to go some interesting things happened for us here in New Mexico. Never in my wildest dreams would I believe we would end up here. With out boring you with details we have decided to stay here. We have some great job connections here and we are forming some great friendships too.

So with the decision made we decided we needed to look at housing options. We were pre-approved for a house loan so we decided to look at a house! We looked at several houses and found a house that met our needs and was "perfect."

See..... Look at this view!

It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1425 sq ft., nice back yard fully landscaped, nice vaulted ceilings, and just a few other "perfect" things that we were looking for in a home. Oh and its a short sale. Which a short sale does NOT mean it takes a short time... But hey we have time on our hands.

So we put a bid in on the house and were told to wait... We probably wouldn't hear anything for 2 months. Well, we heard something within a few short weeks. We had some more paper work and things and it all looked like things were falling perfectly into place.

***Let me add something here.... The subdivision this home is in has had some MAJOR problems with homes sinking. LIKE MAJOR. Well we drove around and looked at the homes in the area and none of them appeared to have problems. We did a bit of research and from our understanding this home was in the newer subdivision that fixed the problems.****

So my Dad was talking to one of his friends who is an attorney who is representing some of these homes who are suing the builder and such. He sat us down this weekend and showed us a few things that we needed to watch for and other information about the problems.

So Monday Dad and I went over to the house to look for some of these problems and talk to neighbors. Well, the house looks fine and dandy... What doesn't is 3 homes down. Its like something out a scary movie.

SO... Like how I have started every little paragraph as SO. I am now contacting our realtor to see how the back the heck outta the deal. I am pretty devastated about it. It was the perfect home, on the perfect street, with the perfect back yard and neighbors and a FANTASTIC PRICE.... But would you ever get into a home that 3 homes down is falling apart?


See this cute little kitchen?
So goodbye dream for now.... Hopefully we will visit you again soon.


3 comments:

Mark & Rachel said...

How exciting for you guys! Sorry your dream home, fell through, something great will come along :-)

Ash said...

So sorry that house didn't work out, I hope you find something even better soon!! :)

LaNelle said...

I was hoping you'd say you were moving close to me! But I'm happy for you & I know your perfect home will find you!