Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A few pick me ups while I run

This is a picture of me today after my 3.5 mile run. Hinckley took it. I had a fantastic run with a fantastic time. Well, a fantastic time for me! I am still slow but I am picking up the pace. Do you notice what is hanging on my zipper to the right?! Yes that is pepper spray. Yes I run with pepper spray. Too many dogs that people neglect and crazy people in this world to not run with it. But what picks me up?



1. Looking at this picture and realizing I was fat. Very fat. And knowing that I am working on loosing it. That motivates me... Take a look at this picture right before I started my journey... Now look up at my picture today. Thats a pretty exciting difference if you ask me!


2. SONGS. Not just hip hop ones but sentimental ones, slow, fast, short, long all sorts of music.

3. The old man who walks his dog that I pass almost every day.... If I run at a different time he asks me why I wasn't out running. It keeps me on my toes. When he sees me he gets this big old grin on his face. I think I make his day as much as he makes mine.

4. Putting on my running clothes. I feel EMPOWERED! I LOVE MY RUNNING CLOTHES and I am looking pretty dang good in them too

5. When a car passes by with an obese person. I think to myself... I am changing that. I am NOT going to be obese anymore.

6. Being able to log in on my spreadsheet the amount of miles I did and how long it took me.

7. My boys who run to give me hugs after every time I step back in the door. And my mom who cheers, " YOU DID IT YOU DID IT!"

Yes my boys are matching! And YES they are just adorable!




2 comments:

Little Farmer Family said...

Bethany!!! I love you!!! And good luck on your race!! You are looking awesome!! :)

Kathy and Don Carter said...

Travis and Jenny call "The Biggest Loser" Fat People. We watch it every week. It is so inspiring!! YOU inspire us too. But I have to note that I've always thought you were beautiful and never thought of you as "obese." You're just our beautiful Bethany!!