Saturday, January 15, 2011

STOP THE LIMELIGHT NEWS!

So in light of last weeks shooting in Tucson I have decided to write about something that bugs the HECK OUT OF ME. What happened in the grocery store parking lot is devastating. Absolutely devastating. I believe that those lives who were taken away and those who were injured should be blasted on the news. I would hope that many news/radio/internet show would remember these individuals and not just the few days after a tragedy like this happens but forever.

SO what is it that bothers me? I hate... I mean HATE (if you know in my family that is a bad word, we do not let Hinckley say it and we are not allowed to say) so for me to say this I practically CUSSING. I HATE when they blast all over the news pictures, facebook information, myspace information, high school transcripts, college information, when he was FREAKING POTTY TRAINED FOR GOODNESS SAKE all this insane information about a KILLER. A man who took 6 peoples lives and injured how many? See I dont even know how many people were injured because that is all they care about is if this kid played too many video games or was an outsider. I mean really America? You need Katie Couric to tell you that this kid was a wacko? Why do we give this insane person so much credit? so much attention? Why do we put his jail picture up every 2.5 minutes on National Television? WHY? Why not lock the kid in jail for life and forget about him? Or better yet I have a WAY better idea.....

I will never forget events like Columbine... Oklahoma City bombing... 9/11... I remember even more the constant news cast that dedicated shows to the wackos behind these hideous crimes. I just wish people would not care so much about these crazies and focus more on the victims.

1 comment:

Mark & Rachel said...

I completely agree. It is so sad that so much attention is given to an individual who took and injured many innocent lives.