Friday, January 7, 2011

A sweet surprise

So on Tuesday December the 28th I headed out for my normal run I was finally up to 3.5 miles. I felt great. I felt encouraged. I felt on top of the world believe it or not. Then about .16 miles into my run. Yes I said .16 there is a point in front of that I rolled my ankle on a small rock. In the process I went tumbling to the ground. After I realized I could get up I instantly started crying. Not that I was hurting I was just devastated because I knew my running would have to be suspended for a bit. And maybe I was a bit embarrassed.

So I hobbled home and laid on the couch for the next hour. I was devastated. Really I was. I consulted with my running buddies and decided I would have to take a few days off. So after my hour on the couch I decided to change my clothes and get comfy for the day of rest. Imagine my surprise when I discovered my knee bleeding and my other knee bruised. Well such is life... Take a few days off and I will be good to go. UMMM... NOPE... WRONG... U TURN IT....

So imagine to my surprise on Monday when I went for my run and it was HORRIBLE. Absolutely HORRIBLE! It was pretty much all in my head but it was awful. My nose was running down my elbow, my ankle was killing me, I kept hearing the splat of my very large body hitting the ground. I thought every car was going to hit me, every dog was going to jump the fence and eat me alive! It was awful.

Well, Tuesday started off much better and was going great until I got to mile 3.2 and I had this horrible pain shot from my right knee (the same leg I rolled my ankle) and up to my hip. It was awful and only got worse after I finished my 3.5 mile run and started my cool down walk. I gimped home again and felt defeated. I took Wednesday off to let my knees recover. My guess is I hit the ground first with my knees they took a bigger beating then I thought. So today I did my run with no hills and thought it would be a bit better which it was but I still have pain in both knees now. I have just come to the conclusion that I will probably have pain when I run for a long time and I will just have to deal with it.

So now that I have shared my sob story.... wanna hear the best the song in the world? It came on right as I started my cool down on Tuesday and it was just what I needed.... I actually forgot I put this on my playlist so it was my sweet surprise.... This guys voice is seriously the most amazing singer in the world.










So I hope you dont mind the pictures. I didn't know how to post this song without doing some type of slideshow. And did you guess who this handsome singer is? PS I am totally working on a special Valentines slideshow for Troy. Although it is very personal I might just share part of it with you!

1 comment:

Ash said...

awww, thats so sweet!! and troy (i'm guessing its him singing, lol) is an amazing singer! how wonderful that song came on right when you needed it. Love it! Hope your ankle and knees are feeling better now.