I really like to have my kids on schedule. Don't get me wrong I am not this strict crazy lady but I do have certain routines we do everyday. (nap times, eating times, bath time, brushing teeth, chores, etc) I guess you could say I like to be in control of things.
BUT what is wrong with going outside the bounds a bit? What is wrong with reading a few more extra books at bed time or letting the kids play in the bath a bit longer? Or having Hinckley help me clean the house and instead of going over what he just did just being content with that it is "clean". Why not let Hinckley pick out his favorite cereals at the grocery store or his favorite fruit that he wants and will eat? Why not snuggle with Chandler a little longer fully knowing he will sleep better in his crib? Why not dance 1 extra song during our dance parties? Why not listen to the same song over and over and over and over again just because Hinckley thinks its the coolest song in the world and he likes to "jam out" or "rock out" to it? Why fret that my husband always puts his backpack at the table right before I am about to set the table for dinner? What is an extra 5 or 10 minutes going to kill?
So today I let Hinckley make cookies with me. Now usually we do it together but I am so STRICT about measuring everything out perfect. Well today my friends I let him do it. Well I did help him out a bit, only when he asked. I wish so bad I had a video going of him cracking eggs. OH I WILL FOREVER LAUGH in my head of a picture of him slamming the egg on the counter and saying "woops, I guess I need some help with the eggs". OH MAN! TOO FUNNY! Priceless really....
(Doesn't he look so happy and so cute in my apron?!)
So HERE is to a new beginning! Here is to making life a little more eventful and happy rather than stressful and frustrating! So if you come to my house and see a pile of clean clothes on the couch that need to be folded, my kitchen full of dishes, my toilets needing a scrubbing, and my floor unvacuumed just understand I am spending more time with my kids rather than obsessing over little things that in life will eventually get done...
Here is the egg mess... we probably have a few egg shells in the cookies but oh well! We will watch out for them.
1 comment:
i love you so much! your family is amazing and don't worry. hinks is too cute with the eggs and i can totally see him smashing it on the counter!
Post a Comment