I think I have been telling myself this a lot because yesterday this is what Hinckley came to me with. He so wants it to be summer and I DO TOO!
Tonight we were headed off to Blue and Gold Banquet for cub scouts and I was getting the potatoes out of the oven and Troy was getting the babe all wrapped up to go outside. Well, the next thing I hear is BANG, BAM, SLAM, BANG, THUD, CLUNG. I went RUNNING... to the bottom of the stairs. Hinckley had put his pillow case over his head and stumbled down the stairs. I SCREAMED AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS for Troy. He came running... I scooped Hinks up and he just started kicking and punching me. He couldn't catch his breath. He had the wind knocked out of him. It was horrifying... Troy took him and got him calmed down and was able to get him to breathe, while I sobbed. How could I have let this happened? Why wasn't I paying attention? Stupid potatoes... Stupid Blue and Gold... UGH! He has a few battle wounds but we are SO VERY BLESSED he is ok.
1 comment:
o poor hinkley! i'm glad he's okay and you're okay too!
Post a Comment