Sunday, January 17, 2010

Whats in a Family?




Since my oldest brother David had a brush with death just 2 weeks ago I have been thinking a lot about my family. And how very blessed I am to have them a part of my life. We are not very close siblings but when something happens you bet your bottom dollar we are there for each other. Well, some more than others but thats another story! Anyway... Here is a run down of my family

Mom and Dad Shumway

Dad:


I have learned so much from him and as I have gotten older I have come to understand more the things he was trying to teach me as a child. He has taught me hard work, dedication and obedience. No matter where we lived he learned everything he could about his surroundings. He loves nature, hiking, cooking on the bbq, BYU SPORTS, (though he wont admit it) HE IS AWESOME on the piano, he loves to try new things, he has the sense of adventure in him. He LOVES to fly and look for creatures in the desert. He isn't afraid of ANYTHING. He loves to work hard and has dedicated his life to the Lord. He has pretty cool stories from all over the world traveling. HIS NOT SO LOVES: complainers, silly neighborhood dogs, and lazy people HIS LOVES: flying, biking, ice-cream, and BYU football

Mom:

(she is a very supportive wife, this is her with her flying head set)

How do I even start? She has taught me so many things in life too! Lessons she will probably never understand or know she did. Her calling in life no doubt in my mind is to love. She loves and cares about everybody. She has the BIGGEST HEART and would do anything for anybody (except herself). As I have grown older I have come to the conclusion she is one of my best friends. I call her more than anybody else I know except for Troy. She is the BEST cook in the world and a great baker too! Every where we have lived people flock to her and love her. HER NOT SO LOVES: getting in a swim suit, when BYU football looses, and technology even though she does like to use it she doesn't know how, and being away from her parents. HER LOVES: family memories, doing things for other people, POPCORN, and her family

No comments: