Thursday, March 31, 2011

School or BE schooled

Okay so this beautiful, handsome little boys is going to start kindergarden like in 5 short months. UGH. Can we say mixed emotions?! YES!

I never really understood why parents cried at the first day of school until I had my OWN child headed off to bully land. I always thought to myself what a wonderful opportunity for a child to grow and learn why would you hold them back? But my thoughts now turn to the fact that my sweet precious little naive boy will be going to school with 12 year olds! I am worried that he will get bullied. I am worried that he wont have friends! I worried he will have nobody to sit next to at lunch! I worried his teacher wont like him. NOW to add to my worries....

So the zoning here in New Mexico is like stupid. Why do they have a single wide trailers right next to $400,000 houses? I dont know. So Even though 75% of our area goes to the RIGHT school KGE (Katherine Galagos Elementary), the actual NICE homes go to the dumpy school (RGE) Raymond Gabaldon) that is further away that DIDN'T PASS the state standards! URGH! So since kindergarden registration is NEXT week I have been on the quest to get a school transfer. I have been to just about every building at the district and talked to a dozen people. Been to 3 different schools, filled out paperwork and blah blah blah. And we will not know if he is accepted to another school until right before school starts! I would love for him to go to KGE or better yet SUNDANCE. You know when you walk into an elementary school and it smells of sweaty kids? Well NOT at Sundance. Its beautiful and new.

PLUS I had a little run in with the secretary at RGE the school he is suppose to go to. What is it with people who are unpatriotic and rude?! Anyway... HERE is to hoping he gets into a better school!

1 comment:

The Parker Family said...

i know the feeling. i'm still trying to figure out where Aelita is going to go to kindergarten this year. I can't believe our babies are going to start school this fall.