Saturday, March 12, 2011

Just doesn't make sense

So I guess I should clarify my statement do I think war is worth the cost. In some aspects I do. Do I believe in this Iraq war, NO! I think it is time for us to get out. Do I think it is worth all the lives lost on both sides? NO! DO I think we need to meddle in everyones business? NO!

But I do have to say it is worth it for me right now that we will be completely debt free and a nice savings account. And that my family has health insurance. And I get to be a stay at home mom.

Okay now that I have clarified that a bit on to my rant...

It's been no secret that Troy (and myself) have struggled with weight. The only difference is my job doesn't depend on it. Troys job does! Let me explain, according to the army Troy is suppose to weigh 211 pounds. Well, if you know my husband well that will NEVER HAPPEN. He has way too much muscle to weigh 211 pounds. Did you see my video of him pulling the MRAP? Since he is over that weight he is flagged. Meaning he can not receive promotions, ribbons, etc. He is up for promotion and some awards too but will not receive them because of his flag. I do not agree with that because I feel that if you earned the dang award or promotion you deserve it.

NOW. HERE IS THE KICKER. What really REALLY REALLY pisses me off and yes I am using that strong of a word is this. Now I can understand the not passing weight, really I can. But if a solider can PASS the PT test there should be NO question on whether or not they should be allowed in the army. Now I am not talking just passing the PT test I mean PASSING IT WITH FLYING COLORS. He has NEVER NOT passed the PT test.

So a few things have come out this week from the head retards there. And yes if this all happens we are going to every news network and talk show that will take us and it will be a good story that will get a lot of attention.

1. That if the soldiers are not within height/weight measurements by the time they get back to Idaho this fall those soldiers will be DISHONORABLY DISCHARGED. Do you know what it means to be dishonorably discharged? Well, let me tell you. You will never be able to work for the government and every application or job you apply for anywhere you have to say you were discharged and of course there is no explanation so for all they know you could have been given to boot because you killed somebody. So there goes just about every job.

2. You have to pay back any or all bonus you received. Ummm... NO. Troy earned that. You are NOT going to take that away.

3. Even though my husband will have spent 16 months away from his family in a country that HATES Americans, putting his life on the line every FREAKING DAY he will receive no awards or ribbons. It will be like he never even served overseas. Now majority of the guys who are over there with Troy never leave the wire. Troy and a a few other guys do often. They go in unsafe territory a lot. HE deserves every award and ribbon he earns there.

So let me put his perspective. Out of 12 guys in Troys section only 2 passed the last PT test. Troy and this kid Brighton. 2/12 but guess who will receive their promotions and awards? THE KIDS WHO DIDN'T PASS THE FREAKING PT BUT WHO LOOK THE PART. Not my husband who ran a 5K in 23 minutes. Or who can bench press 350 pounds... Its the kid who if in a real situation had to run a mile with a 180 pound injured kid on his back would have to take a cigarette break and fall out 50 feet into it.

I think if a kid can't pass PT then kick them out after a certain time. But if they are passing the PT and passing it well. LEAVE THEM ALONE and their family!

So we may have a huge fight ahead of us. But I believe we will cause some waves. I just do not understand it. I am just thankful I have my best friend next to me to go through it together.


1 comment:

Ash said...

that IS ridiculous! I hope Troy gets all the awards and promotions he deserves.