Sunday, September 20, 2009

ROTC


Let me give you an update on our life! On Thursday we found out some really important news for our future. We were planning on Troy joining the ROTC and going active duty as an officer. HOWEVER, the Colonel came into to town and met with Troy and they talked about his situation. The situation is that Troy has been "on the records of the ROTC" for over and year but has not contracted because he can not pass his height and weight. According to the army Troy should be at 212 pounds... HAHAHA! Fat chance... So they do a measurement of his neck and waist and it is according to your body fat percentage. He has to be at 22%. He has been really close like 24, 26 and a couple of weeks ago 23%. ANYWAY... the Colonel found out he had been on the records for over and year and told him there was no way he could do the ROTC. He had already taken 2 important classes and because of that he can't re do them. Its sounds complicated but bottom line we need a new plan!

So there are A LOT of exciting paths we could take. But first and foremost is that TROY GRADUATES IN APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! INSTEAD of next December.... YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are looking into options but are most VERY excited that we will be done with school in 6 1/2 months instead of 15 months YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 201 days til graduation!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Mark & Rachel said...

So what are you guys doing after graduation? I think Mark is going to do National Guard. All sorts of things happening. We need to get together!

Bryant and April said...

Yeah! Troy's graduating....and soon! How exciting! I don't know what Bryants schedule will be like at that time, but Gracie and I will definitely plan to be there to support and congratulate him! What a great accomplishment this will be! Don't worry....I know they have limited tickets to commencement and stuff and I wouldn't want or expect any stress about finding an extra ticket for that, I just want to come so Troy knows how proud we are of him! And I know you guys will figure out a new plan. Things always have a way of working out!

ukulelegranny said...

What a great accomplishent!! We are so proud of Troy. Education opens doors you don't now even know will open. I know things will work out. We'll be there in April. Wouldn't miss it for the world!!! Bisous!!