Saturday, September 19, 2009

9/11/2001


I feel like I have A TON to blog about (the rotc, Kathy, the baby, and more!) However, since 9/11/2009 I have been wanting to write my thoughts down about 9/11/2001.

I was a senior in High School and we had just started school maybe a week or so before. I LOVED MY SENIOR YEAR. I went in late (2nd period and left after 3rd period). Yes I only had 2 classes it was WONDERFUL! I would go home for about an hour and then go to work at a day care for 5 hours everyday. I LOVED LOVED LOVED my JOB! It worked perfect.

Flash back to 9/11/01... I had gone to my first class (Current Events) and was in my 2nd class English. We were in the library that day and my friend Justin and I were joking around and playing on the computers. The internet system kept going down and towards the end of class our teacher kept going in the back room and she was crying. We were all like what the heck? She announced that something terrible had happened to our country...

I walked out to my car and turned on the radio. I couldn't BELIEVE my ears. I 2nd tower had been hit and was about to go down. I had to go to the police station that day to get my fingerprints done for work. I sat in the car and cried as the radio announcer said, "THE TOWER JUST FELL, I CANT BELIEVE MY EYES!" Then news of the pentagon, and Pennyslvania came in. How could this be? What? This must be some type of movie trailer....

I walked in the police station and it was humming. Though we lived an hour and half away from DC many police officers were headed up north to help. I got my fingerprints done and headed home to eat. As I was driving my thoughts turned to my family. Sometimes my dad went to the Pentagon for work.... Where was my mom? Is she safe? What about the hundreds of members of our stake who work in DC? So I pulled out the cell phone that I was ONLY to use for car emergencies. I couldn't get a hold of my mom.... Couldn't get a hold of my dad.... What about my sister? My brothers? Where are they going to hit us next? It wasn't until about an hour later that I got a hold of both my mom and dad. THEY WERE SAFE!

As I drove into the day care I thought... Oh my gosh these poor babies have no clue what just happened... Some of these kids parents work at the Pentagon.... What if they dont return? What do we do? The day was long. It was SAD! After I came home I was just GLUED TO THE TV. I couldn't get my eyes of the news.

That single day in history FOREVER CHANGED my life. I still think about it.

No comments: