Monday, September 21, 2009

Craigslist idiot

We posted a TI-84 calculator online to craigslist.org. And to much of my excitement we heard from somebody within a few hours. However, when I opened the email I was disappointed... This lady asked if we would take $30 LESS THAN the price we were asking for. UM.... HELLO? Like seriously? Now we have done our fair share of buying and selling online and HONESTLY WE HAVE NEVER EVER LOW balled somebody. We have ALWAYS given them the price they asked for. And every time I list something online people ALWAYS low ball you. I hate the saying, "well I only have $40 to spend". Well, then you aren't in the market for this item.
So I email this lady back and say sorry we will not accept that price. I go on with my day and its nap time. Hinckley and I are sleeping out cold in my bed and the home phone rings (mind you my parents and Troys parents and a few friends are the ONLY ones who have this number). I pick up really fast so Hinckley doesn't wake up and I hang up. Then the phone rings again (same thing pick up hang up), THEN THE STUPID LADY CALLS ME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I noticed it said City of Idaho Falls on it and I panicked and thought maybe Troy had been an accident or something. So by this time Hinckley is up, I am half out of it but PISST. And the lady is like, "Hello is this Bethany Carter?" I am like yes this is she. And she says, "well you and I have been corresponding through email, and I just looked up your number". LOOKED UP MY NUMBER? ARE YOU SOME PYSCHO? How the heck did this lady know who I was? I used the craigslist "secret code" email and everything. Even when I emailed her I didn't use my name at all. Then she asks how low are you willing to go? See because my son is in school and he has a wife and a kid... I SHOULD HAVE SAID WELL YOU KNOW WHAT LADY? MY HUSBAND IS IN SCHOOL AND HE HAS A WIFE A KID AND A BABY DUE IN 4 weeks! So you wanna play that card BRING IT THE FREAK ON! I told her I had to talk to my husband and I would get back to her. Then she is like well I am leaving work soon so here is my cell number.
I haven't responded to her because I AM STILL PISST she called me at home. I actually FULL on expected her to show up at my door. I told Troy I was going to carry the gun around with me in the house because I don't know this lady. We live in Idaho but we have CRAZYS who live in IDAHO TOO.
Plus we've had many other emails. But how the heck did she find out who I was? Thats what the freaky thing is.

3 comments:

ctarbet said...

I would be super angry and would have told her that she woke both me and my baby up and that if she didn't want the wrath of an 8 month pregnant woman on her hands that she would need to hang up and never contact me again or I would call the police and report her for stalking. No one should EVER wake a pregnant woman or a baby up... She owes you. Oh, you should email her back and tell her that the calculator is now $30 cheaper for her, but that she can only have it if she pays you the $50 she owes you for the phone call.

stacey said...

Love Courtney's response. That is great. So you said you didn't include your name in what you typed in your e-mail, but most e-mails we send (depending on what provider you use) include our names when we send them. So when I send an email to someone it shows up as from Stacey Hoopes in their inbox and not just from myemailadress@gmail.com. Even if that was the case, she should NOT have looked up your number. Some people give craigslist a bad name, drives me nuts.

The Ainas said...

SICKO! holy cow! Yeah we had people when we went to sell some furniture who emailed me asking if I would just give it to them because..."enter sob story here". And then they had the balls to end it with, I'm not trying to give you a sob story to get soemthing for nothing, but I could really use it.

ROFL! really? haha I didn't email them back... lol