Well, Hinks had his first soccer game on Friday night and his team won! But I have to tell you the coach for the other team was SO INTENSE ABOUT THE GAME. So much in fact that he has taught his kids to play rough and not by the rules. For example in this league and age group you are not allowed to have a goalie. Well, what does this coach do? Puts in a goalie! i know it may not sound like a big deal but it really was. The goals are not very big in the first place and this kid was kicking and hitting our players every time we got close enough. Then this other kid was taught that every time he kicked the ball he should slide there fore knocking down 2 or 3 other players with him. Another kid was pulling hair, kicking and punching our kids. In fact one time this kid knocked Hinckley right in the head. I ABOUT LOST IT RIGHT THEN AND THERE. I talked with the ref who was only like 14 years old and he told me that he had told the coach 3 times to cool it. And of course the coach didn't listen so we had to go talk to the commissioner of the league. From my understanding this commissioner is really laid back and stuff so I doubt anything will come of it. And our main coach who would have stood up for the kids was on vacation and if he was there I think he would have had a nice chat with that coach.
It just made me sad in the end. I went from complete ANGER to Sadness to thankfulness. I was thankful Hinckley didn't have a coach that played dirty. I really hope the next few games go better. We only have 3 left until we moved. It makes me sad for Hinckley to leave so early in the season but there is nothing we can do!
1 comment:
WOW! Thats not cool! Hope the season goes better...
Post a Comment