As I followed the story and read how the little girl passed away I couldn't help but cry and hug my babies forever. Hinckley kept asking me why I wanted hugs and why I was crying. I couldn't help it. I felt grateful for my babies but so sad for this family. When you come upon stories like this I think its pretty natural for you to step back and realize the good things in life. Good things like family, friends and love. I hope all of you have love in your life. If its not a child, a spouse, not a spouse, a mother, a friend, a pet, something that you can love and brings you joy. And dont forget to count your blessings!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Counting my blessings
A story about a little 18month old baby girl drowning here in Rigby came out almost 2 weeks ago. This little girls story has literally changed my life. You can read about her here. I have also been touched by reading the story of Bronson which was a few months ago you can read his story here. You will have to go to older posts until you find his story. It has made me A LOT more cautious about leaving my babies near water even if it is for a moment. I guess none of us know what trials we will be given in this life or how we will deal with them. I pray for the family of Preslee. What a precious little gem to come to this earth and return Home so soon. The night of the viewing we drove by the funeral home because we were taking Hinckley to soccer. The line was down main street a good block. My heart rejoiced and ached at the same time for this family. I wanted to go but couldn't even imagine what I would say. Plus they have NO CLUE who I am. I know many who didn't know them or their little girl went and I am glad they went to show their love for this family. The story talks about this farmer who was in the canal at the right time, and I thought am I at the right place at the right time? What more can I do to be there for those who may need me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have felt the same way since hearing about that little girl. I have stopped a lot more and enjoyed the little moments with my kiddos.
Post a Comment