Tuesday, July 27, 2010

livestock center=love














When I was single and in college my bff Melanie and I would frequent the livestock center. It was a place where I could go and put all my stress, fear and whatever aside. I felt like it was heaven on earth. We would feed the horses carrots, talk to the cows, look at the baby sheep. Mela had a class there and had her own cow we named TINA. We had such an adventure trying to round her up one day!

I took Troy there on our first date. I have taken few people there because its my special place but we decided to go see the horses after Craigos. BUT WE COULDN'T FIND A SINGLE HORSE! They were all gone. Just cows... It took me back to the day when I use to read childrens books to the cows so I could practice my "reading out loud voice" for my elementary education classes. Here are some pictures from our adventure

1 comment:

LaNelle said...

OH my goodness!! The LIVESTOCK CENTER!!!! I totally forgot about that place until I saw your post and as soon as I read the title I was like..."Bethany took Troy there on their FIRST date!!!"

I remember going with Mela too. I never really understood the peace that she felt there, but it made me happy to see her so happy so I loved going.

And I remember a night trying to catch the cow too haha!