Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Yard Sale Honesty
2 weekends ago we had a yard sale. It took hours upon hours to get everything sorted and tagged with a price. Not to mention the time to set it up in the morning (thank you 4am wake up call) and the advertising. $20 for the newspaper I think is a little excessive. PLUS we only had like 15 cars come. AND I put signs EVERYWHERE. Coming from both sides of the highway and from in town. Oh and POSTED it on craigslist and BYUI bulletin board. We did make some money but man for all that work and to have people come and pay 25 cents for something you marked $2 is sure frustrating. Now I have been out yard selling before and I know people just sell JUNK. But I wasn't selling anything that was broken, misleading or anything. We sold a dvd player that the remote didn't work and I told them straight out it didn't work and that it probably just needs new batteries. My conclusion? I NEVER WANT TO DO A YARD SALE AGAIN IN MY LIFE! Just give stuff away to people. I felt better about my 4 VAN LOADS of stuff I dropped off at the thrift store than my $600 in my pocket from selling stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment