This post may not interest you at all but considering I take it as my journal I must write about it.
I went and saw Troy the end of June for graduation (a total of about a day and half) and we had a wonderful time together. In fact I would go as far as saying that it was the on my top 3 days of my life. When I got back I started to feel pregnant. I was tired, I was winded at the gym, my chest was growing (sorry about the details), headaches... etc. etc. Well, I take a pregnancy test it was negative... 2 days later I take another one it was negative (mind you I had already missed my period by this time). So I thought okay well onward and upward. A few days later my period shows up and it turns out to be fairly normal, nothing out of the blue. A week goes by and I start to spot... and then it stops for a few days and shows up again and stops and shows up again. I just attributed it to stress and anxiety. Well, I get back to Idaho and about a week later I wake up and I am in enormous pain. (those of you who have given birth or who have experienced a miscarriage know what I am talking about). I started bleeding A LOT more and I was just miserable. This was a Saturday so I called the doctor and they said to come in right away but I didn't think that our insurance would cover it. So I waited until Monday to go it. (I got a phone call Saturday night and was asked to teach the lesson in RS the next day... A LITTLE CRAZY!)
I went in on Monday and talked with the NP and she said she had a feeling I was pregnant. And I very bluntly told her she was wrong because I had my period after seeing my husband. She insisted on a blood test and sure enough I tested a BIG FAT POSITIVE for the pregnancy hormone. I seriously couldn't believe it. How did 2 negatives turn out to be a positive? They checked my iron level and said I was a little below normal which okay they just needed to watch it. They also did an ultrasound and didn't find much there. So I went back Wednesday for them to take another blood test and the pregnancy level was going down (like that was a no brainer) and I expressed my desire to have a D&C. They told me they only do D&C on Tuesdays so I would have to wait until then. I was really frustrated because I just wanted to stop the pain and the bleeding. It was a very emotional week for me. I went from being really angry to being numb to being sad. Troy just got home today so I went through his basically on my own. THANK YOU SABRINA FOR THE FLOWERS!
Many people do not know what its like to have a miscarriage and it really is NOT pleasant at all. I think once you go through something like this you really tend to be a little more compassionate to other people when they go through something like this. It will be interesting to see what will happen in the next couple of months.
THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO HAVE EXPRESSED CONCERN AND LOVE!
1 comment:
oh my goodness! i'm so sorry to hear this! I was hoping after I saw you at the dr. office on monday you were hiding some good news from all of us! I hope you're able to heal physically and emotionally.
so what's the next step now? are you having the D&C on tuesday? I can't believe they made you wait that long! growl. when i had mine it was a saturday and i went to the ER and they just took me back to the outpatient surgery place that same day... of course this was 3 years ago, so i'm sure there are new "policies".
Keep us updated sweetie!
Post a Comment