We picked up my Dad from work and my Mom came over from her doctors appointment to watch the show!
We had a great time joking with the technician and got to see all the amazing parts working! I got 2 glimpses of the "parts" before she announced it....
So without further ado.... Baby #3 is.....
A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was awesome! And I loved that we got to share the news with my parents right there.
At the end the technician shared that she found something what they call a "marker". She was very kind and reassuring that things looked healthy and great. My heart raced a bit while she went to get the doctor.
The doctor then explained what he saw which is called
Echogenic intracardiac focus
The technician warned us about using the internet to look it up so I have only looked at the wikkipedia website.
I go back in 6 weeks for another ultrasound to check on things. The doctor asked some questions as far as further testing and to us the results do not matter so why test? We will keep this baby if it comes perfectly healthy and "normal" or if it comes with special needs.
We had a lunch date with my parents after and Troy and I talked a little about it on the way there. No tears were shed and not a lot of anxiety was expressed.
It has taken me some time to digest it. Your mind always wonders when you hear that there is a chance of something happening or being different about your baby. It actually bugged me a bit when the technician said oh this is VERY common. Yes you may see it once a month but for it to happen in 3-5% of pregnancies... Yah thats not A VERY COMMON thing. And it wasn't your child so don't tell me its normal when it isn't!
OKAY VENTING OVER! We are at peace with things and feel like the Lord is all knowing. There were no other markers found at this ultrasound (which is a good thing). I will keep you posted on any further details. I debated on whether or not to say anything in fact I didn't send out texts for a while because I debated on whether or not to say anything. But this blog is about our family and things we go through and experience so there you have it!
We do have the most perfect name picked out! I LOVE IT! It will fit him perfect. And can I just say how excited I am to have more monster trucks and dirt in my house?! As Troy says, "more boys to dote on you."
Did I mention my boys surprised me with breakfast in bed and flowers on Wednesday?! Yah that deserves a post by its self!!!!
I have more pictures but this wonderful computer will not recognize them. Oh well! I love the one on the top with his sweet little hand!

6 comments:
congratulations!! i'm dying to hear the name you have picked out, please share!! i love baby names!
sorry to hear there is a bit of a scary situation going on. I hope that your next u/s will only confirm that everything is perfectly fine and they were wrong.
i know exactly how you feel when the drs say "its very common". That would happen all the time after I found out Tate need OHS and yeah it may be something they are used to but when its your kid its not common and it is a big deal.
Thanks for sharing your news with us! You guys are in my prayers. Congrats on another handsome carter boy!!
Yay! Yeah I agree that maybe it is normal to them, but not to us! Just like when they told us that Ellie's TGA was one of the "better" CHD to have. She still needed OHS and nothing they could say would comfort me there!!
Congrats though! And you are taking the news like a pro. :)
Congrats Carter Family!! I would love to have another boy...or two :-) I understand completely about the maker. I had blood work that came back abnormal, which resulted in more blood work and ultrasounds every 4 weeks. Everything turned out fine, but part of the reasoning in doing the original testing was going to determine where I delivered.
Again, congrats!!
Awww! Love this post Bethany! You have such a great perspective. So excited for you guys :) Can't wait to hear the name you have picked out.
Yay! Congrats Bethany! I am so happy for you and can't wait to meet your next little cinderblock!
Oh and I blog too. We should be friends.
:)
Post a Comment