Thursday, November 11, 2010

Running

A few years ago I found something that I love. I love to run. I am not fast and actually I dont look very pretty when I run. I look more like an extremely obese person trying to speed walk. I have decided that it is time to get back to running. I really need to loose weight. I have never been this weight before in my life so something has to change.

I stopped running 2 years ago because something happened that changed me. I was pregnant and went for a run (which at the time was nothing unusual). When I came home I started to bleed and ended up miscarrying. I blamed myself for a long time and to an extent still do. I couldn't get myself to go out and run again after.

BUT! All that has changed now. I am excited to run now. I have goals for myself and I am excited for the future. So I started this last Monday. It felt SOOOO GOOD to get out and run. The first 2 days were perfect minus the rain the second day. On the third day I kept having this feeling that something bad was going to happen but I pushed through it and made it. I clocked my run the other day and its only 1.4 miles. I know sad huh? But its a start and plus I go up 2 decent size hills.

I am dedicated. I am strong. And I am ready for this new challenge. But today something happened that has shook my faith in myself. Wanna know what happened????????
Do you notice anything in the sand in this picture?????






Can't see anything??????









Really? Well, look a bit closer.....











THATS RIGHT A BABY RATTLE SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least it was dead. Our neighbor came over yesterday and told us he killed one right by the mailboxes. But you know most people take care of it... Not our neighbor leaves for God and country. I nearly stepped on the dang thing. I have a huge fear of snakes, HUGE. Ask my brothers or sister why I have a huge fear of snakes in the toilet.....

It was right next to my parents house! Its a baby which means it probably has brothers and sisters and parents close by. This picture is of my parents house and the dirt below is where the snake resides. I let my babies outside in the back all the time. NOW I WILL CHECK THE BACKYARD HIGH AND LOW before I let them outside in the back and I will stay outside with them. I have a feeling they have a nest somewhere close

Another thing that bothers me is that fact that I thought it was a twig. Living in a desert you see a lot of tumble weeds and twigs or plants and such in the road. When I run I do not look on the ground, I try to keep my head up and back. I noticed today that I couldn't get my eyes off the road and every twig, branch, anything in the road I freaked out. But I am dedicated to continue and pray that I have no more run ins.

1 comment:

Bryant and April said...

Good Job for running! I really don't like running...I think I'm allergic to it! But, I totally understand wanting to get back into the exercise game. As soon as I get the okay from the Dr (just from having Kate), I am looking forward to it as well! I'm glad you found something that you love. And 1.4 miles is AWESOME by the way! That's an excellent start for sure!
Good luck with the rattle snakes. I'm not a fan of snakes, or bugs for that matter either! I hope you and the boys are doing well! Love you guys!