What do all of these pictures have in common that I copied off the internet?????



Any guesses????? Hmmm.... Lets see... THEY ALL HAVE THE LANDING GEAR DOWN!So you may be wondering why I am devoting a whole post to landing gears? Well, I will tell you.
I left New Orleans and my flight went to Atlanta before heading to Albuquerque. I was a bit uneasy flying this time. I am not sure why maybe it was because I didn't have kids to occupy my mind running around the fact I was in a small enclosed vessel that looked as flimsy as a thin tortilla. I kept having mini anxiety attacks the 2 flights there to New Orleans and my trip to Atlanta proved no different. In all honesty I am not sure why I have started to have anxiety attacks I remember having a few when I was in college when it came to teaching or something but for the most part I really haven't had any problems.
As we neared Atlanta (mind you this airport is the busiest airport in the WORLD) I kept noticing all these other airplanes in the sky. Does that make anybody else nervous? Even if they seem far away its like wow thats too close for comfort.
Anyway, well we started our descent and everything seemed normal. I really like sitting by the window to look out and we got about 10 feet off the runway for landing and all of sudden I could feel the gravity pulling me back... NOT forward.
I started frantically looking around trying to make eye contact with somebody to see if they were feeling what I was feeling. To my surprise nobody seemed bother. So I leaned over to the guy next to me and said, "Does it make you nervous that we are going up instead of down?: He said nope... I didn't hear the landing gear go down so I am sure we will just circle around until it comes down.
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? THE FREAKING LANDING GEAR WASN'T DOWN? We would have all died had we hit the ground. I really started to almost hyperventilate. My mind raced thinking of my boys, my husband who I just left an hour ago, my family, my friends. I wasn't ready to die. Then I prayed I prayed so hard that I think I was mumbling out loud. The sweet guy next to me reassured me they would get the landing gear down and we would be okay. He took my mind off of things as we circled the airport.... We kept hearing noises and stuff but NOTHING FROM the cockpit. I seriously wanted to stand up and scream... WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON> I WANT ANSWERS TO WHAT JUST HAPPENED!
I don't remember how many times we circled but half way through the last circle we heard the most joyous noise... The landing gear coming out of the plane. I couldn't help but tear up and thank God he answered my prayers. The pilot came on and said that there was an airplane at the end of the runway that wasn't moving fast enough so that is why we had to pull up.... I SAY THATS A BUNCH OF CRAP.
As we landed I wanted to jump off the airplane and kiss the ground. I didn't... I raced to get my next flight. I was still shaking when I boarded my next flight and the people sitting next to me probably thought I was crazy....
So to all of you who are traveling in the near future, listen for that landing gear and be thankful it works!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! Scary!
p.s: and had there been a plane at the end of the runway, why wouldn't the pilot/flight attendant/anybody say so?!
wow!! thats scary!! so glad you're safe!
Post a Comment