Saturday, May 3, 2008

Leader of the pack... VROOM VROOM

So I received another letter from Troy and I actually got to talk to him on Wednesday afternoon. He was chosen to represent his platoon in a battle with the other platoons. He got in 2nd to a some other huge guy. Because he voted to be the captain he got phone priveldges! YEAH! We got to talk for almost 15 mins. He sounds good. A little discouraged but good. His letters only take 2 days to get to me. Thats kind of crazy.

In his most recent letter he told me the drill sergeant has appointed him 1st squad leader so I am pretty proud of him. I know the other guys are looking up to him because he is older and probably a bit wiser too.

Hinckley has thrush which is no fun. The doctor thinks he got it from the anitbotics a couple of weeks ago. He never had it as a baby so this is something new for me! I am anxious for him to start feeling better. We have been up the past couple of nights (hence why this post is so early in the morning!)

1 comment:

Herry and Jayley said...

Go find liquid acidophilus-it'll clear the thrush faster than anything else. Per Sister Armentrout in my home ward who owns a health food store...you can take the pill form if you're prone to yeast infections following antibiotics, and it'll keep you from getting one.