So another great day has arrived! I have received 3 letters from Troy today and they are just the best medicine in the world. Here is his address...
Troy A. Carter
B Co. 2-13th INF REGT
1st PLT WOLFPACK
Ft. Jackson, SC 29207
He sounds good in his letters. They are up by 4 or 5 in the morning and they usually run them until midnight or so. He had guard duty the other night so he got no sleep at all! He really likes his battle buddy though, so that is good! I think right now it is all just an emotional and spiritual ride for him. He feels physcially good. Oh how I wish I could just throw my arms around him for 3 seconds and kiss him. I will get my day though! Just about 88 more hours and get to talk to him. Hopefully! The dear old ladies who come to the branch on Sundays all bring their cell phones and chargers so all the soldiers can call home.
Hinckley and I are surviving. Hinckley talks about his daddy all the time. His new favorite phrases are, "DONT want to." And "Bike RIDE". I wonder where he learned the dont want to? Its amazing what they will pick up. He is really attached to my dad right now. In fact at Stake Conference my dad sat up on the stage (he is in the stake presidency) and we had to take Hinckley out b/c he kept standing up and pointing to Grandpa and saying, "BAMPA". It was funny.
I am sticking to the gym which I love. The classes are really enjoyable. There is something about going downtown that makes it more fun. Thanks to the patience of my mom who is watching Hinckley for me!
There is a birds nest right on my parents house on a little ledge and we could hear some little chirps the other day, so we climbed up on the ladder and found some baby birds! I will have to take a picture because they are just adorable. They haven't opened their eyes yet but they just sit there and chirp away.
We are really loving the SUN here! I am sorry all you Idaho residents... I heard from a friend today that it was snowing. YUCK! Move to Arizona... its far warmer!
1 comment:
Oh Bethany I am so sad that I didn't ever get to hang out with you before you left. Are you coming back when Troy is home? I hope so! Troy is seriously 30 minutes away from my family right now! We used to go to stake conference right next to where the base is. So I probably know the sweet old ladies who bring their phones to church. Oh...and just a thought, you might want to look into plane tickets into Charlotte NC, they are usually half the price and its only like an hour from Ft. Jackson. Love ya girl! Stay strong!
Post a Comment