Friday, May 16, 2008

Thank you Uncle Sam

I have decided that I really need to update my blog!

We are visiting Troys parents in Yucca Valley, California and we are having a blast! I got here about a week ago and I am staying for another week and a half. We have been busy busy busy. The Thursday we flew in we went to Ontario Mills Mall which is HUGE! My in-laws spoiled me to death with many new shirts! We spent a long time shopping. Friday Hinckley spent some time with Grandpa. We went to the movies on Friday night and saw What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Saturday Kathy and I and Hinckley went down to the Living Desert which is like a zoo in Palm Springs. We had so much fun looking at the giraffes, lions, and many other fun things! They also have this animal hospital there and you can see everything they do. Its pretty amazing. I will have to upload pictures. Sunday we had a very nice Mothers Day. Hinckley made the cutest thing in nursery with his handprints and this poem about how moms hate washing the windows with their little handprints and before we know it they are all grown up and we miss it! And he actually stayed the whole time.

Monday my sweet sister in law took me and her best friend Dayna to Disneyland. OH IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! We took Grandma Williams handicap sticker so we got the best parking spot. We went on all the big rides and a few small ones too. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! On the way home we went to Applebees for dinner instead of eating in the park.

Thursday I went to Kathys school and the kids LOVED Hinckley. We went to an assembly that showed all these snakes. YIKES. It was so funny because the guy was talking about how people see a snake and kill them especially in their cars. And the day before that I saw a snake on the road and I just barely missed running over him and I said to myself... DANG I wish I could have killed that sucker. We also went to an Angels game last night and it was so fun! Hinckley loved to watch all the people. It is a beautiful stadium and we had really nice seats.

Today I am taking G. Williams to her hair appointment and doing a few things in town. Tonight we are going to see the new Narnia movie. Tomorrow we have a busy busy busy day. There is a lady in their ward who is going through the temple for the first time so we are going to the Redlands temple. At 12:30 we have a baby shower for this lady who had a horrible time getting pregnant. And at 4pm there is a ward baptism for this sweet lady who is my age and married an LDS guy. So it will be fun and busy!

Troy is doing well. I talked to him on Saturday and he seems emotionally tired but physically doing great. He is the bay leader and he continues to be a leader in his platoon. I have been in contact with another wife of one of his fellow buddies. It has been wonderful to be in contact with her. They have a 4 year old son and so we can relate to each other a lot. Troy is being a little missionary. He brought 5 guys with him to church the Sunday before mothers day and has shared the Joseph Smith story a couple of times. I am really proud of him. 5 weeks until I see him!!!!!

No comments: