Monday, November 14, 2011

Trip to Idaho

We had military meetings in Idaho the first weekend of November. Before we left I had to help Hinckley with a school project. We had to disguise Mr. Turkey... He wanted it to look like a power ranger.
When we turned down our road to the our old house this is what greeted me. I felt at home.
The people who are renting my parents house have done a beautiful job decorating it.
It made me feel good because I knew it wasn't my home anymore.
So cute!
Every little nook an cranny had stuff
Even though we were up there for the National Guard meetings we were able to go to my Grandparents party. They were celebrating 65 years of marriage! YAHOO! My grandmother is wearing her original WEDDING DRESS! YES HER WEDDING DRESS. Her wedding dress was made out of a WWII parachute. ITS TRUE! Coolest thing ever! We walked in just as they were ending their speech. And Grandpa was wearing a military uniform
We also go to see my brother and his wife and 5 kids!!!!!
When Troy and my Grandpa embraced they both teared up and so did I. Something about 2 Veterans from 2 different wars embracing.... It was truly a sweet experience.
They cut a wedding cake. Something they didn't do 65 years ago! It was so cute
It was the craziest weekend ever. Plus it SNOWED! We took all of our stuff to a shipping place to send it to NM. We drove A TON. SLC to Idaho Falls to Rigby to Idaho Falls to Rigby to Pocatello (first day) about 6 hours of driving plus we were up at 3:30AM. Next day Pocatello to Rigby to Pocatello (2 hours) and the next day back to SLC. It was so worth it!

It was awesome to see Troy hang out with his buddies. It was awesome to hang out with the wives. It was great and I can't wait until next month when they put us up in a resort in Park City, Utah.

(OK I am going to vent for a second just to get it off my chest. I have never been close to my moms side of the family. Its not really anybodies fault we lived across the USA. But when you put together family posters that say stuff like see how your family has grown and you put everybody in the family on the posters EXCEPT the Scott Shumway family I am going to get offended. NOT 1 picture of my family was put on the posters. But some how my cousins girlfriend made it on there? YAH. THANKS A LOT! And then you wonder why we aren't friends on facebook. OKAY VENT OVER!


2 comments:

shashum said...

Go figure on no pictures of our family. I am so glad that you guys and Rob and his family were able to attend. Thank you for posting pictures. Wow, grandma in her wedding dress and grandpa looks so sharp in his military uniform. What a great tribute to two people that are a great example of love.

Meagan said...

Ok, so I just have to say that I totally teared up looking at the pictures of Grandma and Grandpa Cox...they have a special place in my heart!! P.S. - did you know Jeremy's biological dad's last name is Cox? I wonder if there are any connections there ;)