Monday, May 17, 2010

First stop?

Puerto Vallarta was our first stop. I must admit I was very disappointed when the first thing I saw was a wal-mart and sams club.



We went horseback riding at the base of these mountains


Here are a few views from the ship





This is a picture of the Mexican Navy ships... Not too many


Out of the 3 cities we went to I was the least impressed here. As we drove towards the Sierra Mountains to go horseback riding we saw A LOT of poor and destitute people. A lot of shacks if you could call them that and crime. In fact we had a Mexican police officer escort our group and he went right up to a family who was near the river and stole the dads shoes. Just went right up and took them, didn't say anything and just kept riding his horse. I couldn't believe he would do that in front of us. But then again he did look a bit scary!

No comments: