Thursday, October 1, 2009

influenza A


Hinckley wasn't feeling good after preschool yesterday so we took him to the doctor. He was complaining about his ears, and thankfully he didn't have an ear infection! However, once we got home I noticed his fever wasn't going down. We tried the whole tylenol/motrin switch off and nothing. Put him to bed and he was so miserable through out the night. His fever kept spiking to 102, 101... So Troy slept next to him all night to make sure he didn't have a seizure or anything. We woke up this morning and was still just miserable. If any of you know my son you will know the second he is up in the morning he is on the GO! But he just laid in bed. He just stayed on the couch ALL DAY LONG> So we took him back and had a flu test done on him. And it came back positive.

I am SO VERY THANKFUL this happened right now. What if I was in labor? Who would watch my sweet baby boy? What if it was 3 weeks from now when we have a newborn? YIKES! I am so glad that if he got this year that it was now. Hopefully Troy and I will stay healthy. I am using clorox wipes like they are going out of style and we are washing our hands like crazy. For now we just wait it out! Troy insisted on sleeping next to him again tonight... He is a worried dad which makes me thankful! Did I mention our heat didn't kick on last night so it was 59 degrees in our house????? Good thing for space heaters!

2 comments:

Mark & Rachel said...

Let us know if we can do ANYTHING, especially once in labor/after the baby comes...

shashum said...

Hope Hinckley gets better soon. Shauna's niece, Amberly who was due on the 21st had her baby last Saturday. They are both doing good. We are excited for your new addition. Wish we were closer to help out.
Love and miss you all
Amy, Shauna, and Tatie