Thursday, February 26, 2009

Community care not so caring?

Here it goes a vent post! I will try to make it short and simple but I am SURE frustrated! Troy went to Community Care in Rigby on Dec. 7th 2007. He was out running in our neighborhood and rolled his ankle and to be on the safe side we took him in to get it checked over. Our good friends the Webbers watched Hinckley for us so he wouldn't get sick and off we went. They did an x-ray and gave him a splint and thats about it. Thankfully it was not worse. They said they would bill it to our insurance which was about a $100. We didn't hear anything for a while so we thought it was all taken care of, in fact I called and they said they were waiting to hear back from insurance. Well, then in April 2008 before Troy left for BCT we got a letter in the mail saying we owed the full amount plus 4 months of interest. I was like... what? So we called and they said they would re-file it with the insurance. Again, we didn't hear from them for a period of 4 months. In August we got another bill with even more interest added to it. So Troy called again and he found out that they were billing the wrong insurance. I understand that mistake but I know without a shadow of DOUBT in my mind I gave them TROYS INSURANCE card that night and they told me oh we have it on file and I asked if it was the correct insurance and they said yes. Anyway.... So they billed the new insurance which is good because they only have 1 year to file it. Well, the next month and every month since we have received a bill. Well they kept sending it to this random insurance and then to the insurance who they were suppose to but the random insurance wouldn't accept it. WELL DUH HELLO we told you we DO NOT HAVE THAT INSURANCE. Then they started trying to bill our new insurance which is through the military instead of the insurance we ACTUALLY had. What the crap? So finally in Jan and whole year and 1 month after the fact Troy called our old insurance and they said yes we will cover the whole thing as long as they send a EOB. An EOB is an explanation of benefits so they know we had NO other insurance than this one. Well they said they would immediately. Well, low and behold we get another bill this month and Troy was fit to be tied!

So he called them the other day and I heard the entire conversation and this girl kept saying I dont understand why you are yelling at me this is not my fault. And Troy kept saying OVER AND OVER AND OVER again that he was not yelling and that he was just frustrated with the situation and he understood that it was not her fault but somebody was to blame because this paper was NOT sent to our insurance like it should have been. Then she was like well we bill insurance as a courtesy... Well dang let me file it then. Anyway... to make a long story even longer she kept accusing him of being mean to her. Now I know Troy can get really heated... trust me I have seen it. But not once did he use any foul language or raise his voice other than the fact that he was frustrated but nothing like yelling.

Well, today in the mail we got this letter from the head doctor saying we are no longer welcome at any of the community cares and how he didn't appreciate the verbal abuse received by one of his staff. Verbal abuse? are you kidding me? You are a doctor do you even know what verbal abuse is? We have been trying to clear this up for 1 year and almost 3 months... can we say we are a bit frustrated with the situation?!!!!!!!!!! At least we are trying to clear it up.

Let me tell you another story that happened to me a few months ago. I had gone to community care for something and there were only 2 of us in there. A Hispanic man (who could not speak any English) and me. Nobody else in the waiting room and nobody in back. They took the man before me, he was there first but I got out first. When I walked up to the desk the lady didn't even look up and she said, "Oh you don't have to worry about the bill today it is taken care of". I was like, "what? I need to pay my co-pay" And she looked u and said OH I thought you were somebody else. Well there was nobody out in the waiting room. Who else could have been? So some person who cant even SPEAK ENGLISH who doesn't even HAVE insurance gets of scotch free?

Anyway... we are talking to our friend who is lawyer not because we are SUE happy we just want it resolved. It is now a bill over $300 and if they think for one second they are getting a DIME out of me they are smoking crack.

No comments: