This is him back in November. He was sleeping while we had Family Home Evening (FHE)
This night we had a discussion on fire safety. We also planned our family escape route. The boys had a wonderful time crawling on the floor testing door knobs and running to our neighbors house. That is our family meeting place if anything were to happen.
The door was clear to open
We let the boys open their window in case their bedroom door was blocked. They thought this was AWESOME!
We talked about STOP, DROP, and ROLL
Crawling to the garage door
See how Hinckley is covering his eyes?! LOL!
Gotta love my big fat shadow
Daddy showed off his STOP< DROP, AND ROLL techniques
And then it ended in a daddy pile up!
We also had a special New Years FHE. I will blog about that too. We did a HOLD TO THE ROD activity. That was so much fun! We read about the iron rod and talked about how if we make good decisions and choices we are holding the iron rod. Then we turned off all the lights and lit up glow sticks. We took turns reading different scenarios and if they were a good choice the boys would raise the glow stick high in the air and scream, "HOLD TO THE ROD!" If it was a bad choice there was silence. Then the boys had a bath in the dark with their glow in the dark sticks. HUGE HIT! I think I have pictures of that too. We also did a Holy Ghost activity. I showed the boys how to look up topics in the scriptures. We read a few about the Holy Ghost and then I created an obstacle course they had to navigate blindfolded and with music blaring. They had to listen to their daddys soft voice to make it through the obstacle course. It was awesome! And then at the end I was waiting there with a big warm blanket to remind them what the Holy Ghost feels like, warm and comforting.




No comments:
Post a Comment