The deployment has given us wonderful blessings. Really it has. Probably first and foremost it has made me love my husband more, my children more (didn't know that was possible), and my life. It has made me so much more of an appreciative person. It has also opened my eyes to what others go through. It has also made me intolerant for unpatriotic people. Woops... okay staying positive sorry... Had to throw that one in.
2nd we are one payment away from being DEBT FREE. Yes you read that right. Now I know to some of you who are NOT in debt this may not be a big deal. But to us it is HUGE. We had some hefty dues and they are almost all done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sweet relief I tell you. I think I am sleeping better at night just because of it.
I tell my kids about 10 times a day that I love them. Literally I keep a talley in my head. And that their daddy loves them.
I cherish my one on one times with my kids. I use to do one on ones just to check it off my list but now I truly treasure these times. I know my kids are going to grow up so fast and before I know it they will be off to college.
When Troy left on deployment I knew we had a solid relationship but now I am more grateful for that SOLID relationship. Troy tells me of heartbreaking things that soliders and spouses are dealing with in his unit. So many are struggling right now and talking of divorce and being unfaithful. So sad.
I really thought I knew everything about Troy before he left. 98% of the time we were on the same page with things and even thinking the same thing with out any words. I felt connected to him. I knew his reaction to certain things before they even happened. But when you spend 8 months away from each other and you rely on limited communication you learn A LOT more about your spouse. I really truly believe we have connected on a whole DIFFERENT level one that can only be achieved by being separated for an extended period of time with limited communications.
I have learned to reach out and make friends. When Troy is with me I just want to spend time with him and yes I had girlfriends but it was different. Now I am realizing I need girlfriends too.
I am learning to listen to my own voice. Ugh you wouldn't believe the rumors that go around about what is going on over there and stuff. I am learning to discern the truth from lies and block out stupid people.
I am learning that happiness really begins with ME!
No comments:
Post a Comment