
Hinckley and I flew back from Arizona yesterday the 5th of August and I have to share what a tender mercy we received! The night before that is the 4th about 10pm I could hear Hinckley start to cry so I waited a minute before I went into his bedroom. I got in there and picked him up and BAM!!!!!!!!! PUKE ALL OVER THE PLACE. He just kept the chunks coming as I rushed into the bathroom. Not only did it get all over him, me and the carpet but the bathroom too. We cleaned up (thanks to my mom who cleaned the bedroom while I cleaned Hinks and I up) and got new clothes on and headed back to bed. Hinckley will occasionally throw up for no reason and it's only once so I thought this was just a little fluke thing. About an hour later he started tossing and turning again and BAM!!!!!!!!!!! Puke all over the place again. This time instead of the carpet he got his bed soaked. Again we jumped in the shower while mom cleaned up everything else. We settled down AGAIN, this time in my room. Put him just with his night times on and towels surrounding him. And from about 1am to 5:00am he was up every hour trying to throw up. By this time he had nothing left in his stomach so he was just miserable.
We had to leave about 5:45 for the airport. I checked with the airlines to see if there was any way of changing the ticket because I did not want to take a throwing up kid on an airplane. It would have cost an arm and a leg to do it so instead I just had to pray. I packed 2 extra outfits for him in my carry on and one for me too. I packed 3 different sizes of plastic bags (about 10 in total), target plastic bags, wash cloths, wipes, and decided that if we got to Salt Lake and couldn't go any further that I would just call my Aunt who lives near there. I also decided not to eat or drink anything or feed Hinckley anything for fear of the up chucks! (I don't need a lecture how pregnant women need to eat) I had to do what I had to do. To be honest I was scared to death to board the airplane because of the unknown. Its one thing to have a sick baby but to be traveling... SO NOT FUN!
But then this miracle happened... Hinckley did AMAZING on the plane. There was a couple of times he got that look on his face and I raced for our puke bags and he would hold his face there a minute and then be fine. We flew to Los Angeles and stayed on the same plane and headed up to Salt Lake. Another miracle happened. We didn't have to share a seat with anybody!!!! If you have ever traveled with kids you know what a blessing it is to have a row of 3 to yourself!
As soon as the flight attendants started around with drinks I realized that Hinckley was bound to start to get VERY cranky because of the lack of food and drink. But another miracle happened. HE WAS AN ANGEL. I gave him a few sips of apple juice the first part of the flight and a few crackers the second. But he was not his usual... which was such a blessing because normally he would have started to show signs of hunger in his throwing fits, yelling, trying to hit me, etc.
Another miracle happened... We arrived in SLC about 30 minutes early! I thought we could catch the shuttle early. Instead of waiting almost 3 hours we could maybe catch it in 40! As you know once you leave the terminal there is little to nothing by baggage claim. Inside the terminal there are little play areas, food, places to walk. I called Salt Lake Express and the lady said that the noon shuttle was full but to talk to the driver. So I decided to leave the terminal, pick up our luggage and just pray that we could get on the shuttle. Mind you Hinckley was exhausted from lack of sleep the night before, I WAS EXHAUSTED from the lack of sleep, extremely hungry but very grateful to make it as far as we did. We headed out to meet the bus and the bus driver said well I have one seat open.... I heart sank. Tears filled my eyes. She told me to board the bus anyway and to see what would happen....
And then another miracle happened.... 2 minors who had never traveled the bus before never showed up. They think they got lost in the airport. I think they took our seats on the next shuttle. TALK ABOUT A MIRACLE! As we drove away from the airport I couldn't believe we were on our way. I couldn't believe Hinckley didn't throw up even once on our way. I couldn't believe I didn't get sick either. I couldn't believe how good my little 3 year old was for little sleep, little food, and a long day. Day of miracles for sure.
Hinckley kept a dry diaper the whole shuttle ride up. Yes I put a diaper on him because I was scared he would have to go with no place to go. And I was nervous about diaherra but he was champ! By the time we got to Troy in Rigby I think I looked like a zombie. Because Troy said in a very loving way that I looked like I had been hit by a semi truck. WE MADE IT! I was so thankful to see my husband! I was so thankful to see my bed and the house. I was so thankful for everything. I know these little miracles seem small but to a 25 year old, 29 week pregnant lady it was as if God moved a mountain just for me. Which in sense I guess he really did.
2 comments:
WOW,what a scary adventure and what a blessing things turned out as they did. We are so glad you made it home safe and that Hinkley did so well.
Love and miss you
this story makes me all teary eyed. i had a very similar thing happen when ryley and i were visiting MD and I was pregnant w/ Jackson... almost exactly the same story! I'm so glad that everything worked out and you were able to get home w/out drama and were able to get home quicker!
Post a Comment